It is currently Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:50 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: brake line size?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:41 pm 
Offline
New

Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:37 pm
Posts: 10
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Hello, I am new to the group and unfortunately my first post has to be a question for a repair problem. I have a 96 neon (Plymouth if that matters) and my left rear hard brake line is leaking. I just need to know what size the line is so I am not playing the guessing game or arguing with the parts counter guy. Thanks for any help.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:38 pm 
Offline
Neon Enthusiast
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 4:47 pm
Posts: 930
Location: MI 48071
should be 3/16th...if you are patching a section i suggest a 3 foot piece and an extra practice piece to praction making perfect flares

_________________
04 R/T
95 SOHC


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:06 pm 
Offline
New

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:26 am
Posts: 6
Location: Bridgewater, Nova Scotia, Canada
You mean you can't just buy the proper length and bend to fit the original?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:11 pm 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2002 12:10 pm
Posts: 5832
Location: Weirton, WV
CAJ27051LT LEFT REAR ABS BRAKE TUBE
CAJ27051RT RIGHT REAR ABS BRAKE TUBE
CAN27052LT LEFT REAR NON-ABS BRAKE TUBE
CAN27052RT RIGHT REAR NON ABS BRAKE TUBE

They sell prebent stuff at the dealership pretty cheap might consider that. I know they said list is 5.15 for each one but they sell them in quatity of 5 lines to the dealership so they might make you buy all 5 if they do at worst your looking at 25 bucks for the brake line for a complete one. And that's not a bad price either I would buy all 5 if it came to it if they are nice you don't have to and can just buy 1 for super cheap. Might even have some locals that buy the others from ya too. If I was closer I would take a pair of rears just in case and keep them till I needed them.

Lorenzo

_________________
BILLET ALTENATOR OVERDRIVE PULLEYS! 88.00 SHIPPED!
R/T style Vinyl stripes just like the stock ones have $140 non moon roof 130.00 Moon roof + 8 dollars for Shipping in the US


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:38 am 
Offline
Neon Enthusiast

Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2003 8:53 pm
Posts: 725
Location: Connecticut
I'd suggest replacing the fuel hard lines too. You have to lower the fuel tank to replace the left rear lines anyways.

Besides, if one line is rusted/rotted the rest are too.

_________________
James Dempsey Jr
91 Dodge Shadow ES convertible
95 Dodge Neon Sport sedan 2.4 5spd


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:56 am 
Offline
Neon Enthusiast

Joined: Thu May 09, 2002 11:54 am
Posts: 1834
If pre-bent is cheap enough, go with that. Not only does it save install time and aggravation, there will be less weird bends that can cause restrictions, lines not perfectly lined up and rubbing/chaffing nor funny loops that might hang down, catch and get ripped out.

I.E. a brake line that is more professionally fitted to the car is worth a couple of extra bucks, it might save you a future problem that could arise from an ameature/improvised fix with an universal line.

_________________
'99 Flame Red R/T
Iceman CAI, AFX 55mm TB, P&P Intake Manifold and Head, MP Street Header, MP PCM, AFX UDP,
ES Bushings, MP Rear 22mm Swaybar, MP Hi-Rates, Koni Struts


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:08 am 
Offline
Neon Mechanic
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:37 pm
Posts: 5131
Location: Nashua, NH
inmyshadow wrote:
I'd suggest replacing the fuel hard lines too. You have to lower the fuel tank to replace the left rear lines anyways.

Besides, if one line is rusted/rotted the rest are too.


Whats your definition of left, to me left is the rear divers side, which i need to replace my break line. I looked at it to only cause i had to replace a left rear flat, and the break line doesn't even go anywhere near the fuel tank. Maybe the passengers side might but I don't know for sure. I could be wrong. But my leak is right before the line goes inside the fender well. Well I'm bringing it to park dodge to have my oil changed tomorrow and i asked them to look at my lines for me so we will see how everything turns out.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:16 am 
Offline
Neon Enthusiast
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2003 4:56 pm
Posts: 1086
Location: Spring, TX
^^^You take your car to the dealer for an oil change???

_________________
2003 SRT-4 with some upgrades

FOR SALE POST


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:44 am 
Offline
Neon Mechanic
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:37 pm
Posts: 5131
Location: Nashua, NH
its 19.95, i usually do my own changes. I live in an apartment building. My g/f parents sold their house, which I used their garage to change my oil. So I no longer have anywhere to go to change my own oil. Plus I'm moving to. I need a oil change bad, so I am gonna get mine changed there. I wont go to a 3rd party place to change my oil I have had to many problems. Plus they will inspect my car for free with an oil change :lol:. My car is from Maine so it need to be looked at. I just want them to tell me what is wrong so i can get it fixed myself


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:59 am 
Offline
Neon Mechanic
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:37 pm
Posts: 5131
Location: Nashua, NH
Lorenzo wrote:
CAJ27051LT LEFT REAR ABS BRAKE TUBE
CAJ27051RT RIGHT REAR ABS BRAKE TUBE
CAN27052LT LEFT REAR NON-ABS BRAKE TUBE
CAN27052RT RIGHT REAR NON ABS BRAKE TUBE

They sell prebent stuff at the dealership pretty cheap might consider that. I know they said list is 5.15 for each one but they sell them in quatity of 5 lines to the dealership so they might make you buy all 5 if they do at worst your looking at 25 bucks for the brake line for a complete one. And that's not a bad price either I would buy all 5 if it came to it if they are nice you don't have to and can just buy 1 for super cheap. Might even have some locals that buy the others from ya too. If I was closer I would take a pair of rears just in case and keep them till I needed them.

Lorenzo


Actually they don't sell prebent brake lines, I was at park dodge they said they don't have prebent brake lines for the neons. So i called Mopar parts America and the guy said they sell brake lines but its just a 25ft roll of it not prebent


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Prebent
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:07 am 
Offline
New

Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2003 10:21 pm
Posts: 20
Location: Coudersport, PA
Dodge DOES sell pre-bent line. Unless your dealer has them in stock or can find another dealer that does, they must order them in bulks of 5. There is a TSB for the 95 neon: Take in the TSB # and they can look it up.

I have pre-bent lines from my dodge dealer ordered with the part #'s listed sitting in my garage.

Regards,

Bryan T.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:07 am 
Offline
Neon Enthusiast

Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2002 12:01 am
Posts: 1202
Location: Hudson, New Hampshire
Dodge does in fact sell prebent rear brake and fuel lines due to a recall on earlier neons having a lines support piece rott out and rust the lines causing possible failures. I know..I bought some using the same exact numbers posted.
Later
Jake

_________________
95 nitro yellow green sport sedan srt swapped S3 w/ toys srt/intrepid interior swap..¿
95 nitro yellow green coupe fully rebuilt and stock
97 light iris sport sedan(daughters)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:17 am 
Offline
Neon Mechanic
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:37 pm
Posts: 5131
Location: Nashua, NH
You guys are awesome :D they wanted 700 dollars to fix mine. but one question, will the 95 brake line fit my neon no problem


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:23 am 
Offline
Neon Enthusiast

Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2002 12:01 am
Posts: 1202
Location: Hudson, New Hampshire
They'll fit all 95-99's no problem. Just make sure you order the non abs or abs version based on your setup.
Later
Jake

_________________
95 nitro yellow green sport sedan srt swapped S3 w/ toys srt/intrepid interior swap..¿
95 nitro yellow green coupe fully rebuilt and stock
97 light iris sport sedan(daughters)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:43 am 
Offline
Neon Mechanic
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:37 pm
Posts: 5131
Location: Nashua, NH
Just ran to the stealership and asked bout the brake lines, parts guy said he couldn't sell them to me because they are recall part. Chrysler's rules. wonderful


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:40 am 
Offline
Neon Enthusiast

Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2002 12:08 am
Posts: 33
I just called looking for the same part... they wanted $55+tax for the pack of 5 (or $11ea).

Considering its a much better fit then bending them myself, and i'd have to buy a roll of line + a tool to bend them, maybe its worth it to buy all 5?

And how long is the piece? i'd imagine shipping these would be wierd if they're 10ft length.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Length
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:55 am 
Offline
New

Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2003 10:21 pm
Posts: 20
Location: Coudersport, PA
The lines are full length/one piece.

And to the dealer who told you they wouldn't sell them, I'd suggest getting ahold of a different dealer.

Anyone near north central PA want some passenger side rear lines? I had to buy 5 for my car (w/abs) and obviously only need one.

Regards,
Bryan T


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:56 am 
Offline
Neon Enthusiast
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 4:47 pm
Posts: 930
Location: MI 48071
i patched the rusted section of a line w/ new piece for under 10 bucks... and took just over an hour

_________________
04 R/T
95 SOHC


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:13 pm 
Offline
Neon Enthusiast

Joined: Thu May 09, 2002 11:54 am
Posts: 1834
To patch a line adds extra fittings and is more likely to leak. Granted, NOT that much more likely, but considering how easy it is too r/r most brake lines, I'd just get a $7 universal brake line of the closest length in the right fitting size. Most autostores have them pre-made.

The OEM line is worth a couple of extra bucks, but an extra $50? I'd just get the universal line if you can't find the OEM for cheaper.

_________________
'99 Flame Red R/T
Iceman CAI, AFX 55mm TB, P&P Intake Manifold and Head, MP Street Header, MP PCM, AFX UDP,
ES Bushings, MP Rear 22mm Swaybar, MP Hi-Rates, Koni Struts


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:50 pm 
Offline
Neon Enthusiast

Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2002 12:08 am
Posts: 33
I just dropped my gas tank about an hour ago to get that out of the way.

My driver side brake line is rusted on the clamp/fitting nearest the wheel.... dropping the tank allowed me to see the passenger side looks similar (Although no holes yet) on both the fuel return line? and rear brake line on the clamp/fitting....

So i think it best to replace all 3 lines and buy a roll rather then buy pre-bent in my case. (otherwise i'd have to buy 3x 5 packs at $55)

As far as just "patching" with a 2-3 foot piece... not recommended?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:00 pm 
Offline
Neon Enthusiast

Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2003 8:53 pm
Posts: 725
Location: Connecticut
We, we are in agreement on which side of the car is left.

We aren't in agreement on your skills to replace these lines. Nor on ordering them.

I speak from experiences. You can order them from the dealer. You can have the dealer search the local inventory. You have to lower the fuel tank to replace the left rear line.

I suggest your trying listening. You aren't the first to go through this. I'm fairly new to neons, less then a year. But I used the experience and wisdom of this forum to get the job done correctly the first time.

later


wickedgoodneon wrote:
inmyshadow wrote:
I'd suggest replacing the fuel hard lines too. You have to lower the fuel tank to replace the left rear lines anyways.

Besides, if one line is rusted/rotted the rest are too.


Whats your definition of left, to me left is the rear divers side, which i need to replace my break line. I looked at it to only cause i had to replace a left rear flat, and the break line doesn't even go anywhere near the fuel tank. Maybe the passengers side might but I don't know for sure. I could be wrong. But my leak is right before the line goes inside the fender well. Well I'm bringing it to park dodge to have my oil changed tomorrow and i asked them to look at my lines for me so we will see how everything turns out.

_________________
James Dempsey Jr
91 Dodge Shadow ES convertible
95 Dodge Neon Sport sedan 2.4 5spd


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:03 pm 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2002 12:10 pm
Posts: 5832
Location: Weirton, WV
wickedgoodneon wrote:
Just ran to the stealership and asked bout the brake lines, parts guy said he couldn't sell them to me because they are recall part. Chrysler's rules. wonderful


Did you give him the part numbers I listed if so they don't know their butt from a hole in the wall. I just picked up parts I ordered at my dealership and brought those PN's there. They do have them still and they can order them as they were in their warehouses. So they are lying or have no freaking clue mopar offered these for the neon as there was a recall thing on them a while ago for rusting up really bad. it's even listed in the TSB's on this site showing it. My dealership actually have the NON ABS ones in stock too. But had to order the ABS ones. And price was 5 something each. He said he doesn't mind ordering them just sucks about the packs of 5 but would do it for me since I do alot of business. I told them I would even buy a few of them if I had to as I didn't even care. That way if any locals ever needed them they could just get em from me I would just hang them in the rafters in my garage since they are so long.

But yes they sell them find a dealership that knows something is the key on this post. My dealership knows me well and also knows what they are doing. Both Service manager and parts manager have been there for a very long time over 15 years each and I been going there for 14 years. So they know me well both of them which is why I get taken care of when I go there. Plus the discounts I get are great so i wouldn't go anywhere else

Lorenzo

_________________
BILLET ALTENATOR OVERDRIVE PULLEYS! 88.00 SHIPPED!
R/T style Vinyl stripes just like the stock ones have $140 non moon roof 130.00 Moon roof + 8 dollars for Shipping in the US


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:25 am 
Offline
Neon Mechanic
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:37 pm
Posts: 5131
Location: Nashua, NH
Lorenzo wrote:
wickedgoodneon wrote:
Just ran to the stealership and asked bout the brake lines, parts guy said he couldn't sell them to me because they are recall part. Chrysler's rules. wonderful


Did you give him the part numbers I listed if so they don't know their butt from a hole in the wall. I just picked up parts I ordered at my dealership and brought those PN's there. They do have them still and they can order them as they were in their warehouses. So they are lying or have no freaking clue mopar offered these for the neon as there was a recall thing on them a while ago for rusting up really bad. it's even listed in the TSB's on this site showing it. My dealership actually have the NON ABS ones in stock too. But had to order the ABS ones. And price was 5 something each. He said he doesn't mind ordering them just sucks about the packs of 5 but would do it for me since I do alot of business. I told them I would even buy a few of them if I had to as I didn't even care. That way if any locals ever needed them they could just get em from me I would just hang them in the rafters in my garage since they are so long..

But yes they sell them find a dealership that knows something is the key on this post. My dealership knows me well and also knows what they are doing. Both Service manager and parts manager have been there for a very long time over 15 years each and I been going there for 14 years. So they know me well both of them which is why I get taken care of when I go there. Plus the discounts I get are great so i wouldn't go anywhere else

Lorenzo


Well I called around to other dealerships in the area, non of them had any in stock, but they had no problem getting them for me if they needed. I was quoted $7.06 for one line

inmyshadow wrote:
We, we are in agreement on which side of the car is left.

We aren't in agreement on your skills to replace these lines. Nor on ordering them.

I speak from experiences. You can order them from the dealer. You can have the dealer search the local inventory. You have to lower the fuel tank to replace the left rear line.

I suggest your trying listening. You aren't the first to go through this. I'm fairly new to neons, less then a year. But I used the experience and wisdom of this forum to get the job done correctly the first time.

later


wickedgoodneon wrote:
inmyshadow wrote:
I'd suggest replacing the fuel hard lines too. You have to lower the fuel tank to replace the left rear lines anyways.

Besides, if one line is rusted/rotted the rest are too.


Whats your definition of left, to me left is the rear divers side, which i need to replace my break line. I looked at it to only cause i had to replace a left rear flat, and the break line doesn't even go anywhere near the fuel tank. Maybe the passengers side might but I don't know for sure. I could be wrong. But my leak is right before the line goes inside the fender well. Well I'm bringing it to park dodge to have my oil changed tomorrow and i asked them to look at my lines for me so we will see how everything turns out.


First off i wasn't questioning you experience or wisdom. I was stating an observation that I had made. I appreciate all of the incite and knowledge that you bestowed upon me. The dealer that I dealt with has a lot of problems with their parts department. So my skill in acquiring these parts should not have been questioned. My skills on changing these break lines, that you can question. I am pretty good mechanically, but I have never changed break lines. I will attempt to change them myself, and if i have any questions I will be sure to look up the answers and/or I will turn to someone who knows what they are talking about for help. Which in this case could be you :). I apologize if you feel that i was questioning you, I meant know harm. This is actually my 3rd neon, but my other 2 where 2gn's and in much better condition that my current neon


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:36 pm 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2002 12:10 pm
Posts: 5832
Location: Weirton, WV
I never said you were questioning me about it or being mean to me or anything in that nature. I was simply stating go back to the dealership tell them they are a bunch of idiots and to order the damn lines I asked for.

I swear they hire complete morons sometimes at the dealership. Plenty of times I hear people call and want to order OEM mopar brake pads. THey even give them the number but when they go to pick the parts up they order the mopar value line pads which is a totally different number. It's like come on folks I gave you a number of what I wanted I don't need you to order something else for me when I wanted that number if I wanted something else I would of asked for it. My dealership is awesome though they know me well there and I even had them call and ask me some q's about neons in general that they are working on or having a issue finding out what's wrong since I been around them so long and see alot of problems posted over and over on here. But wan't mad at you at all about it just wanted to make sure you could get the part you needed from a dealership that's all. glad you were able to get them ordered from them. I am going to pick up the 2 lines they have in stock at my dealership tomorrow just to keep in case as I don't want them selling them to someone else. They give me discounts so probably why it was the 5 dollar price deal anyways but even then 7 bucks is still a good price for complete lines ready to bolt on.

Good luck changing them. Might want to get a FSM if you don't have one already for your car. I picked mine up on e-bay and just sat down a bunch of nights just reading through it learning alot of things. Helps out alot when trying to figure out problems etc.

Lorenzo

_________________
BILLET ALTENATOR OVERDRIVE PULLEYS! 88.00 SHIPPED!
R/T style Vinyl stripes just like the stock ones have $140 non moon roof 130.00 Moon roof + 8 dollars for Shipping in the US


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:58 am 
Offline
Neon Mechanic
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:37 pm
Posts: 5131
Location: Nashua, NH
Thanks, you've been loads of help. The bottom half of my last post was to the other guy, not you, so sorry bout that. I don't try to question people. Sometime the way I ask thing is sorta like questioning people. I has upset people at times.

Well the good part is that I'm moving to North Carolina Saturday, and I already called the dealership down there and they are also willing to sell me the brake lines.

I do need a FSM so i will be on the look out for one of those, but I did buy a Haynes manual. Which is helpful. I read half of it the other day like I was reading a novel. I also spend a good deal of time reading on here and researching else where to gather the info that I need.


Top
 Profile  
 

Sponsor

 

 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:15 am 
Offline
Neon Enthusiast

Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2002 12:01 am
Posts: 1202
Location: Hudson, New Hampshire
Lorenzo wrote:
I swear they hire complete morons sometimes at the dealership. Plenty of times I hear people call and want to order OEM mopar brake pads. THey even give them the number but when they go to pick the parts up they order the mopar value line pads which is a totally different number. It's like come on folks I gave you a number of what I wanted I don't need you to order something else for me when I wanted that number if I wanted something else I would of asked for it. My dealership is awesome though they know me well there and I even had them call and ask me some q's about neons in general that they are working on or having a issue finding out what's wrong since I been around them so long and see alot of problems posted over and over on here. But wan't mad at you at all about it just wanted to make sure you could get the part you needed from a dealership that's all. glad you were able to get them ordered from them. I am going to pick up the 2 lines they have in stock at my dealership tomorrow just to keep in case as I don't want them selling them to someone else. They give me discounts so probably why it was the 5 dollar price deal anyways but even then 7 bucks is still a good price for complete lines ready to bolt on.

Lorenzo

I got lucky I guess..the parts guys at my local dodge are great. Always checking out my car, looking up part numbers that may not exist lol, hunting down parts diagrams and letting me pick and choose etc..great guys. One of the guys told me he has a full mopar bushings kit and he'll pull it out of his garage and give it to me next time I'm there. I get a pretty decent discount as well :-)..Was even short cash once when I went to pick up some s2/3 injectors..knocked the price down to ~290 I believe 8)
Now..the techs there lol..I had to help daignose a S3 not boosting lol...Just a charge pipe leak found via leak test but cmon..you guys are the techs lol...and I didn't get paid for consulting lmao
Later
Jake

_________________
95 nitro yellow green sport sedan srt swapped S3 w/ toys srt/intrepid interior swap..¿
95 nitro yellow green coupe fully rebuilt and stock
97 light iris sport sedan(daughters)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:36 am 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2002 12:10 pm
Posts: 5832
Location: Weirton, WV
dajoker same here. I am really lucky the service and parts are both great. Even the tech as the one chrysler tech is all I ever deal wwith. He is super smart and is great to deal with the others are all fly by people most goto him if they have q's. But I can totally relate to you as mine is the same. They let me order stuff and take it back no q's asked. I needed a new flywheel to measure the step height so they ordered it I got my measurements from it and then returned it the next day well never even paid for it they just gave it to me and said bring it back when it's done. So it is nice being able to do that as well.

But seems like anymore alot of the neon parts are getting discontinued or very hard to find for some parts. I had a few instances of not being able to get the parts fast one was the metal heater hoses on the DOHC engine. They had to do a special order for me put it as a priority and one day shipping to get the thing fast because they did it the normal way as I said I had 2 weeks before I needed it and they had no info so they ended up 1 day mailing it to me and didn't even charge me a cent for it. The part was only 17 bucks I think and I am sure shipping it via 1 day mail was more then that.

Lorenzo

_________________
BILLET ALTENATOR OVERDRIVE PULLEYS! 88.00 SHIPPED!
R/T style Vinyl stripes just like the stock ones have $140 non moon roof 130.00 Moon roof + 8 dollars for Shipping in the US


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:19 pm 
Offline
Neon Enthusiast

Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2002 12:08 am
Posts: 33
I just bought a ~25ft or so roll of brake line today and did my driver side rear... To be honest I think it was a lot easier with the roll then it would have been trying to get the pre-bent monster in there.

I didn't put as drastic of bends in it, and i bent it all by hand. (i didnt wanna risk kinking it) but all in all its not bad.

I tested my roll vs stock brake line in how much i can bend it before it kinks, and the roll kinked easier then the stock line.... but still i could have been a bit tighter on my bends when i put the line in.

Done and done.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], CSX153, Marauder, nneein95 and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Style based on FI Subice by phpBBservice.nl