It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:29 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: no code no injector pulse on 3 injectors
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 4:10 am 
New

soo been working on this the past couple days any help would be appreciated... i have spark and ONE working injector connector i can switch to any of the 4 injectors and it will fire whatever injector its on so i have no pulse signal from the other 3 connectors i got a 2nd wiring harness today cause one i picked up yesterday was wrong as well as a crank sensor thinking that may be it if anyone has experienced this before help would be much appreciated... i never deal with wiring but am rather expended out to take it to a shop right now

current status...muddy air born and sideways
mods: tubular header 3"tubular exhaust, 4 1/2inch lift (custom suspension)195/mudterrain a/t tires,cold air intake, msd coilpack, unorthodox racing underdrive pully kit,short throw shifter, stage 2 racing clutch 2.4 crank shorty machined piston rods (yes its a 2.0 stroker) reflashed ecu,powerbox performance module, jeep 4.0 injectors

Post subject: Re: no code no injector pulse on 3 injectors
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 7:11 pm 
New

so installed new wiring harness and new crank sensor..... was not the answer so im going with a not so bad and a really bad option next and thats cam sensor and ecu

mods: tubular header 3"tubular exhaust, 4 1/2inch lift (custom suspension)195/mudterrain a/t tires,cold air intake, msd coilpack, unorthodox racing underdrive pully kit,short throw shifter, stage 2 racing clutch 2.4 crank shorty machined piston rods (yes its a 2.0 stroker) reflashed ecu,powerbox performance module, jeep 4.0 injectors

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 4:23 am 
New

rather baffled....i had a friend spray some carb cleaner down the intake...... started ran while he was spraying but absolutly no tach reference....... O.o no pulse on 3 injectors......no tach reference......no start..... anyone have any clues (my goal was to start and run it on carb cleaner a while to see if i got a code 44 or anything)

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 4:56 am 
Sponsoring Dealer

I woulda guessed crank sensor. Too bad it's a 96, can't unplug cam sensor and run it. If you had a scope you could see what the crank sensor and cam sensor are outputting.

That's weird you have spark on all 4 but no injector pulse. PCM or cam sensor since you already tried the harness.

But clean up your grounds, especially the one going to the radiator support from battery and also the one from back of head to passenger strut tower.

http://forums.neons.org/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=409775

PM me for T-350 transmission parts, rebuilds, and modified OBX diffs and shorter shift arms!

Now making no-90 intakes, battery trays, and cables!

https://www.facebook.com/KinnetticKreations

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 6:35 pm 
New

im thinking cam sensor cause of the lack of any tach signal but still unsure... wiring is not my strong point... give me a classic v8 and i can have fun all day... add another 10 wires and im lost

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 6:52 pm 
Sponsoring Dealer

Are you sure you are losing the tach signal? Or does your cluster need to be soldered? The PCM gets the tach signal from the crank sensor. The cam sensor is there merely to sync the PCM to the proper stroke for the injectors. 95 and 97-99 will run with cam sensor unplugged. For some reason 96's won't.

http://forums.neons.org/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=409775

PM me for T-350 transmission parts, rebuilds, and modified OBX diffs and shorter shift arms!

Now making no-90 intakes, battery trays, and cables!

https://www.facebook.com/KinnetticKreations

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 7:12 pm 
New

i just replaced the whole wiring harness with a brandnew factory replacement and a new crank sensor but i have no 12v reference or pulse reference to the injectors....so unfortunatly it was the ecu :/