It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:03 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2005 SRT-4 ACR vin ?!?!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:32 pm 
Neon Enthusiast

I have access to national auto auction software and my brother is a Chrysler dealer helping me look for a stock 2005 SRT-4 ACR. I know the packages/add ons but often have minimal website info to go on.

Is there a clue in the VIN # that identifies the SRT-4 ACR? I've searched the data here and would not post this unless I came up empty handed.

After some field work I did not find a clue:

SRT-4 ACR VINs

1B3ES66S85D227904

1b3es66s85d237655

1b3es66s75d204629

SRT-4 (non ACR) VINs

1B3ES66S15D263742

1b3es66s25d211844

1b3es66s75d163578

1B3ES66S75D227182

Help appreciated. I'm in a 2G ACR and looking for a new ride.

Thanks.

KH

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:35 pm 
Neon Enthusiast

*crickets chirping*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:29 pm 
Global Moderator

If your brother is a dealer for DC then if you find a car get the VIN and have him run it. It will show the options. But without that you won't tell.

Lorenzo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:48 pm 
Neon Enthusiast

My brother gave me access to the system to do the legwork for my next ride. If there is no 2005 ACR database I guess that I'll sign up for Carfax and look at packages - any further thoughts on that??

Seeking stock SRT-4 ACR for reasonable price - looking at other options as well. Top of class SCCA SOLO Coupes or sedans preferred.

Thanks - KH

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:16 pm 
Neon Enthusiast

Kim Humphries wrote:
My brother gave me access to the system to do the legwork for my next ride. If there is no 2005 ACR database I guess that I'll sign up for Carfax and look at packages - any further thoughts on that??

Seeking stock SRT-4 ACR for reasonable price - looking at other options as well. Top of class SCCA SOLO Coupes or sedans preferred.

Thanks - KH

Wow, did you totally miss what he Lorenzo told you???

If you have the VIN number you can to the "Chrysler Dealer Connect" screen on any dealer computer and input the VIN. You can get service history and the options for the vehicle.

If your brother is a decent dealer he SHOULD know this and SHOULD have told you that. This whole thing just sounds fishy, you don't need carfax for anything. Any dealer that knows there product knows they can do this.

I do this all the time, I find a Neon forsale. I grab the VIN. I walk into the part/service department, give the VIN to the guy at the counter. He prints out the vehicle information for me.

Mike

Auto response from ACRCPE45 (3:06:14 AM): Confused. I hate Neon's.

1995 Plymouth ACR Coupe - Flame Red - Great Daily Driver... Thanks Ed.
1995 Dodge Sport Coupe - Nitro-Yellow-Green - Loaded, Now Runs & Drives, but the alternator is dead.

My wife claims I officially have way to much Neon memorabilia. I disagree :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:43 pm 
Neon Enthusiast

Mike - I'm looking for used vehicles via the international auction/sale site http://www.manheim.com/ I don't expect my brother or any of his paid employees to spend time to look for my potential next car (that may or may not be a product that he owns a franchise for - Ford & Chrysler) and will buy for me at cost.

I don't have all day to play 'car dance' with on-site dedicated computers and I don't expect others to do it for me. You are probably aware of the ratio of 2005 SRT-4s to SRT4 ACRS, eh?!?!

Maybe I should have been more clear.

My initial question (a good one asked of me) seems to have been answered "is there a 2005 ACR VIN code that identifies the car." Apparently not - according to one voice. (thanks for that)

I respect my family and their 3 generations in the auto industry. Please flame off. I'm an adult professional looking for real solutions not some boi racer dreaming about a stage 3 turbo chasing down a ZO6 with one hand on the wheel...

I don't know it all. That's why I join (and search) forums.

If you have something constructive to add - great. Your less than subtle message could have been a PM or e-mail but, something tells me that you would rather post up your pearls of wisdom and IMPRESSIVE connections to the auto industry.

I hope that was good for you. Cigarette?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:57 am 
Neon Enthusiast

Kim Humphries wrote:
Mike - I'm looking for used vehicles via the international auction/sale site http://www.manheim.com/ I don't expect my brother or any of his paid employees to spend time to look for my potential next car (that may or may not be a product that he owns a franchise for - Ford & Chrysler) and will buy for me at cost.

I don't have all day to play 'car dance' with on-site dedicated computers and I don't expect others to do it for me. You are probably aware of the ratio of 2005 SRT-4s to SRT4 ACRS, eh?!?!

Maybe I should have been more clear.

My initial question (a good one asked of me) seems to have been answered "is there a 2005 ACR VIN code that identifies the car." Apparently not - according to one voice. (thanks for that)

I respect my family and their 3 generations in the auto industry. Please flame off. I'm an adult professional looking for real solutions not some boi racer dreaming about a stage 3 turbo chasing down a ZO6 with one hand on the wheel...

I don't know it all. That's why I join (and search) forums.

If you have something constructive to add - great. Your less than subtle message could have been a PM or e-mail but, something tells me that you would rather post up your pearls of wisdom and IMPRESSIVE connections to the auto industry.

I hope that was good for you. Cigarette?

And you missed the point again... Excuse me for not directly answering you. Instead I told you how to solve your problem which apparently wasn't what you wanted to know? oh and I wasn't flaming you...

I guess I upset you because I'm not a dealer and I know of a tool your family has that you apparently didn't know about. Sorry, but if he is a dealer he can log you into Dealer Connect. Once you have looked for a few possible cars you then put the VIN into dealer connect and find out what the options were. This also tells you service history in the last two years and where the car was originally purchased and where it was last registered. That's valuable information for a prospective car buyer like yourself. Guess you missed that in the first post?

There is nothing impressive about what I wrote. If your brother is a Chrysler dealer and can log you into a used auto auction house than he can surely log you into Dealer Connect. This isn't rocket science.

Oh and that ratio of ACR's is no worse than any other year truthfully. It's harder to find an 01 or 02 than an 05 considering dealerships had em lined up sitting for months. Sorry but, it isn't that special of a car. Your current ACR is much much rarer and harder to find.

I think you need to have the cigarette. You have the key to the candy store. Use the tools you have directly in front of you. If you are looking for a specific car than take the time to do the complete research. Take the chip off your shoulder and quit being so defensive. I didn't damage you or your brother's dealership. I simply told you what tool to use to solve your problem.

Good luck and take care. I hope you find what you are looking for.

Mike

BTW: Dealer Connect is a website, all you need is a log in... you don't need an "on-site dedicated computer". All you need is a dealer log in and if your brother is a Chrysler dealer than he has a log in. www.dealerconnect.com Pretty simple right? Have fun.

1995 Dodge Sport Coupe - Nitro-Yellow-Green - Loaded, Now Runs & Drives, but the alternator is dead.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:52 am 
Neon Enthusiast

Nice backpedaling Mike.

:twisted: "Wow, did you totally miss what he Lorenzo told you???" :twisted: Way to say hi and set a guy straight.

"If you have the VIN number you can to the "Chrysler Dealer Connect" screen on any dealer computer and input the VIN." Sounds like a propriatary system in your remarks here - great if it's just a website, I'll talk to my brother. I wish that I had more time to research cars and learn the trade - truth is I don't so I look for advise and shortcuts where I can.

"If your brother is a decent dealer he SHOULD know this and SHOULD have told you that. This whole thing just sounds fishy," That's really helpful - impugning my family’s credibility certainly counts as a flame from where I sit.

Hey, I'm ahead of where I was before. I know more now than when I posted originally. Sure some go toe-to-toe on tough topics but nettiquette and forum protocol on the SCCA forums is what I'm used to not getting it harsh for not knowing. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:10 am 
Neon Enthusiast

Kim Humphries wrote:
Nice backpedaling Mike.

:twisted: "Wow, did you totally miss what he Lorenzo told you???" :twisted: Way to say hi and set a guy straight.

"If you have the VIN number you can to the "Chrysler Dealer Connect" screen on any dealer computer and input the VIN." Sounds like a propriatary system in your remarks here - great if it's just a website, I'll talk to my brother. I wish that I had more time to research cars and learn the trade - truth is I don't so I look for advise and shortcuts where I can.

"If your brother is a decent dealer he SHOULD know this and SHOULD have told you that. This whole thing just sounds fishy," That's really helpful - impugning my family’s credibility certainly counts as a flame from where I sit.

Hey, I'm ahead of where I was before. I know more now than when I posted originally. Sure some go toe-to-toe on tough topics but nettiquette and forum protocol on the SCCA forums is what I'm used to not getting it harsh for not knowing. :roll:

No back pedaling here. I sure am glad I was able to give you exactly the information you needed to take care of your problem. Have fun searching for your car. I'm here to serve, I'm glad I was able to assist you. :wink:

How was that cigarette? 8)

BTW: what are you going to do with your old ACR?

Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:29 pm 
Neon Enthusiast

Good deal Mike.

As for the 2001 ACR - it will be for sale as soon as I come up with a new car and a plan. We have a few payments to make on my wiife's car yet but, I'm ready for a change.

I've trophied locally each of the 3 seasons that I've had the car (GS, STS, STS) - it is in decent STS trim now with extras. It's also a fun daily driver.

I'll be posting up here when it's for sale.

Kim

St. Louis, MO

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:46 pm 
Neon Enthusiast

here, i'll answer in short... NO.

Since the SRT ACR is an equipment group, and not actually a model of the neon, there will be no distinguishing letter/number combinations in the VIN number. If it was a 2001-2002 neon, or any 1st gen neon, it would be identifiable in the VIN number, since it was actually a model of the Neon at that time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:23 pm 
Neon Enthusiast

Mike P wrote:

Since the SRT ACR is an equipment group, and not actually a model of the neon, there will be no distinguishing letter/number combinations in the VIN number. If it was a 2001-2002 neon, or any 1st gen neon, it would be identifiable in the VIN number, since it was actually a model of the Neon at that time.

Thanks, but we already established that. You are a little late to the game.

Thanks for playing.

Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:22 pm 
Neon Enthusiast

Mike V. wrote:
Mike P wrote:

Thanks, but we already established that. You are a little late to the game.

Thanks for playing.

Mike

yeah, somewhere in your rambling about how god like you are you might have mentioned that. But I didn't feel like wasting 20 minutes of my life in the church of Mike V. listening to you preach. Thanks for making your presence known again though...I missed that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:26 am 
Neon Enthusiast

Mike P wrote:
yeah, somewhere in your rambling about how god like you are you might have mentioned that. But I didn't feel like wasting 20 minutes of my life in the church of Mike V. listening to you preach. Thanks for making your presence known again though...I missed that.

No preaching here. I think you missed the point.

Mike