It is currently Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:13 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Rear view mirror with map lights wiring harness?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:11 pm 
New

Hello,

So I came across a rear view mirror with map lights and was told that the harness was lurking somewhere in the car, just wanting to know where it can be found if it is present.

If the harness is not there where can I find one?

I found a few posts searching for this but none were very helpful.

Thank you in advance!

White Sport Rims, Walbro 255 LPH insert

Post subject: Re: Rear view mirror with map lights wiring harness?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:20 pm 
Neon Enthusiast

Since your car is a 95 highline then the wiring is there... except for where it goes up thru the headliner to the mirror. You'll have to pull said harness (runs along the driver's side a pillar) and goes into a red plug on the dashboard... put that in and you're golden.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:12 am 
Global Moderator

Dodge Aries K wrote:
Since your car is a 95 highline then the wiring is there... except for where it goes up thru the headliner to the mirror. You'll have to pull said harness (runs along the driver's side a pillar) and goes into a red plug on the dashboard... put that in and you're golden.

Karl is right.....

However, I believe you will have to pull said "harness" from the donor car.
If the car didn't come with the lighted rear view mirror option, the extra harness will be missing. (Unless I am wrong)
Hopefully, someone else will confirm this.

- Nick

-2000 Ply.LX with MTX = Maddog STS; CAI; Magnaflow muffler

-1971 Ply.Scamp SL6cyl. (TRADED for '83 Ddg.Rampage)
-1968 Chry.300 w/440 V8 (sold)
"MoPar or No Car"

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:18 am 
New

Where is the location of the red plug on the dashboard? I guess I will have to hit the junkyard to look for a harness, the "donor car" was a garage with lots of random neon parts. No harness was located. (in the garage or in my drivers side A pillar)

White Sport Rims, Walbro 255 LPH insert

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:01 pm 
Global Moderator

Tommy Boy wrote:
Where is the location of the red plug on the dashboard?

When you remove the dash pad on a 1st gen (easy), you can't miss it.
It's on the driver's side. Orange/Red plug, on most Neons it is "open" and there is nothing plugged into it.
That's where the lighted mirror harness plugs in.

- Nick

"MoPar or No Car"

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:10 pm 
Neon Enthusiast

No harness in my '98 Sport. I bought and installed the same mirror myself from a JY. I was going to route my own wires from the mirror to the main body harness. But just haven't done it yet. I did cut the ends off the harness in the car that had the mirror so I have a "pigtail", but getting a complete harness sounds like a better deal.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:20 pm 
Neon Enthusiast

Here's the kicker... the later neons were NOT wired to support the light up mirror. Only 95 and possibly 96 highline and sport models are plug and play. I used the factory mirror harness on my 97 but had to run the switching current from the dome light relay to the mirror and move one of the other connections to go where the sunroof fused power comes in at that red connector.

That red connector does triple duty... powers the sunroof, powers and controls the light up mirror, and powers the light up sunvisors.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:23 pm 
Global Moderator

Dodge Aries K wrote:
Here's the kicker... the later neons were NOT wired to support the light up mirror. Only 95 and possibly 96 highline and sport models are plug and play. I used the factory mirror harness on my 97 but had to run the switching current from the dome light relay to the mirror and move one of the other connections to go where the sunroof fused power comes in at that red connector.

That red connector does triple duty... powers the sunroof, powers and controls the light up mirror, and powers the light up sunvisors.

Good info. :good: Thanks Karl !

- Nick

"MoPar or No Car"

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:49 pm 
Neon Enthusiast

my R/T is a mutt... I have lighted visors, sunroof, but no lighted mirror. I assume the wiring is there if I want to pop one in since the other two use the same harness.

2006 Subaru Forester X

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:54 pm 
Neon Enthusiast

No, no rear view mirror light for you. It's only on later cars that actually HAVE the option... no extra wiring for the lose.

Post subject: Lighted Mirror
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:43 am 
Administrator

I just wanted to give a brief rundown of how or lighted mirror install went. We (my wife and I) do a lot of SCCA road rallies and occasionally run one or two at night where we have to do some creative jury-rigging to get our center board illuminated. When I saw that some of the new Neons are available with a set of map lights in the mirror I had to put them in our 95 Sport Sedan.

The mirror is not cheap.... about $80 or so (the Service Mgr is an AutoX buddy so I promised him that I wouldn't divulge what I actually paid for it ;-) What made the install SO easy was the wiring harness ( C4661504 ) that I thought was expensive ($25) until we got into the install and realized that it is a direct replacement for the existing harness but with all the new connectors in EXACTLY the right places and they all FIT. It actually took us longer to take out the weather stripping, trim pieces, sun visors (lighted vanity mirrors), and existing rear view mirror than it did to put in the new items.

This is not intended to be a complete step by step set of instructions... but it should help.

1. Buy parts (duh)
2. Assemble needed tools
Phillips screwdriver
Torx driver (25?)
Pliers
Straight blade screwdriver ( or any flat thin device to push weatherstripping)
Beverage of your favorite persuasion
3. Sip beverage.
4. Remove existing mirror with Phillips screwdriver
5. Remove sun visors retaining clips with Phillips screwdriver
6. Remove sun visors with Torx driver ( visors will be hanging by the pink power cord for the lighted vanity mirrors )
7. Disconnect power cord at yellow connecting point (squeeze and pull)
8. Pull weather stripping away from doors ( from about the dash up until the B pillar.... this will allow the headliner to move away from the roof so you can access the wiring)
9. Remove the A pillar trim panels
10. Remove dash cover ( it just pops up from the instrument cluster )
11. Sip beverage
12. Disconnect RED connector on the dash in front of driver.
13. Pull (carefully) existing wiring harness out of A pillar and roof. Be careful not to damage headliner as it may crease easily ( the pliers may help in removing the black plugs from the metal frame of car)
14. Connect NEW harness into RED connector in dash and install black plugs into metal frame of car.
15. Feed pink power wires thu holes for sun visor vanity mirrors
16. Connect power to sunvisors and reinstall visors and retaining clips.
17. Clip connector into back of new Lighted Rear View Mirror and install onto windshield.
18. Check lights (if no lights or door chime when key in ignition and door open... check fuse block in engine compartment. It is a RED 10 amp fuse in a wierd grey holder)
19. Reinstall A pillar trim and weather stripping. (the flat blade helps in pushing the edges into the proper places)
20. Finish beverage while enjoying completed handiwork.

My wife and I did this and several other maintance items (reinstall door speakers (found the right speaker adapters finally), reinstall stereo in dash (it was loose), and fix driver seat tracks) in about 3 hrs. (we had a few more beverages also)

Side note:
Matt,
Can you make a adjustment on one of the "How To's"? I decided to go ahead and get the lighted rear view mirror and follow along with the installation steps for that. It would seem that the part number listed for the wiring harness is only correct if you do NOT have a factory sunroof like I do. I believe that statement or warning should be in there so someone else doesn't waste $25 on a wiring harness that they can't use, like I did. (It is non-returnable)
Thanks, Gary Freniere

Mods: Auto TB | Magnacore Wires (Red) | Red Valve Cover | Mopar PCM | Booger Bushings | Oil Pressure Gauge | | Neon Pedals | Embroidered Head Rests | Thermal Exhaust | Rear Strut Tower Bars | Chrome Radiator Brackets | Iceman Intake | Phrogman Short Shifter | 16x6 Snow flake wheels w/Goodyear F1 (205 50/ZR16)|15.59@88

Post subject: 1st Gen lighted mirror install.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:35 am 
Not "Old" or "New", but "Middle" School.

Scored a lighted mirror at the junkyard. I snipped about 7 inches of the harness off when getting the light. The wires coming from the plug in the mirror are Yellow, Pink and Black/Orange wires. My headliner is already off. I cut the wrapping on my stock harness. (Sunroof car) and there is no wires matching what I have. Does anyone know what wires I need to tap into to get the lighted mirror to function properly.

Thanks
-Nick

Post subject: Re: 1st Gen lighted mirror install.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:53 pm 

Anyone?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:19 pm 
Neon Genius

Pull the top of the dashboard off and see if there is a red connector very close to the left speaker.

niceguy wrote:
Jerk

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:58 pm 

jimbo in MI wrote:
Pull the top of the dashboard off and see if there is a red connector very close to the left speaker.

There is. But it is connected to the sunroof harness and the wire colors are different then the mirror.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:13 pm 
Neon Enthusiast

I combined a sunroof harness with a 300m mirror and skipped tapping into the reverse lamp, which I believe only turns the dimming off when in reverse.

I don't have the wire color combinations handy, but I just googled it and searched on here. A few people have done it, I'm sure it's on here somewhere. Works great!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:32 pm 
Neon Genius

That is fine that the red connector is used. The car side of the harness:

Pin 1 of the connector is Pink wire, it is the power source for the map lights from fuse 13 under the hood.
Pin 2 Black with orange stripe goes to ground to allow you to manually turn on mirror lights.
Pin 3 Yellow with black stripe goes to headlight switch, and that is what turns on the lights with the headlight switch or opening the doors.

These should match the colors on the mirror too. I am not sure if your particular harness connects down by the speaker, or if you will need to splice into that harness up near the sunroof. It depends upon which wires the factory put into your particular harness.

The other 3 pins

4 is blank
5 is for sunroof, yellow with red stripe.
6 is for sunroof, black with violet stripe.

niceguy wrote:
Jerk

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:51 pm 

jimbo in MI wrote:

Pin 1 of the connector is Pink wire, it is the power source for the map lights from fuse 13 under the hood.
Pin 2 Black with orange stripe goes to ground to allow you to manually turn on mirror lights.
Pin 3 Yellow with black stripe goes to headlight switch, and that is what turns on the lights with the headlight switch or opening the doors.

These should match the colors on the mirror too. I am not sure if your particular harness connects down by the speaker, or if you will need to splice into that harness up near the sunroof. It depends upon which wires the factory put into your particular harness.

The other 3 pins

4 is blank

The red connector I have only has 3 pins. All 3 are going to the sunroof. I will double check that this is the only red connector.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:35 pm 
Neon Genius

Should only be one red connector in that area. Now you mention it, I do remember them only having 3 pins, but the book says 6 pins. :scratch: :dunno:

In any case, those are the right colors no matter if they are in that connector or in the harness near the sunroof. I know I used that red connector when I added my lighted mirror.

niceguy wrote:
Jerk

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:39 pm 

Cool thanks. Ill post back if I have problems.

Post subject: Install Lighted Rear View Mirror wth lighted visor & sunroof
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:01 pm 
Site Supporter

Need information to Install Lighted Rear View Mirror with lighted visor & sunroof.

My neon has a sunroof and lighted visors. So my harness doesn't have a connector for the lighted mirror.
Got the lighted mirror from the junk yard along with the donor car's harness that goes from the red plug under the dash near the left front speaker up to the lighted visors and lighted rear view mirror.

So my questions are:
1. What is the best technique to splice in, strip insulation and wrap new wire around and then solder them together and then use heat shrink tape? Use wire taps to connect the cut ends of the new harness? or use some sort of molex connector? or another connector?
2. Where is the best place to connect the 3 wires from the Lighted Rear View Mirror? Over the head liner, driver side front pillar, or under the dash board.
3. Or should I connect the wires to something else like the dome light?

Thanks for any help or ideas.

Post subject: Re: Install Lighted Rear View Mirror wth lighted visor & sun
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:44 pm 
Site Supporter

baby99neon wrote:
Need information to Install Lighted Rear View Mirror with lighted visor & sunroof.

My neon has a sunroof and lighted visors. So my harness doesn't have a connector for the lighted mirror.
Got the lighted mirror from the junk yard along with the donor car's harness that goes from the red plug under the dash near the left front speaker up to the lighted visors and lighted rear view mirror.

So my questions are:
1. What is the best technique to splice in, strip wire wrap new wire and then solder them together and then use heat shrink tape? or use some sort of molex connector? Use wire taps to connect the cut ends of the new harness or another connector?
2. Where is the best place to connect the 3 wires from the Lighted Rear View Mirror? Over the head liner, driver side front pillar, or under the dash board.
3. Or should I connect the wires to something else like the dome light?

Thanks for any help or ideas.

The Lighted mirrror comes to the mirror down from the head liner, I would guess the drivers side, since it is attached to the dome light. It comes on when th dome comes on when you open the door and you can also switch the mirror lights on independantly of the dome. My came with it, so I already have the factory connectors there. Did yo upull the harness yourself? If so, just follow the way it came out. If not, Im not sure and my cars in the body shop now, or id check for ya. If you are still looking for this info when I get my car back, Ill pull the drivers side windshield facia cover and see how its run and let ya know. Ill take pics too if I remember!
The mirror lights are the same as the dome light. I can get you some visor lights if you need them, they are about $1 each at a local electroncs store here. If you have a local electronics store, not radio shlock, take in the old light and ask them if they can get these for you. I do not have a part number thoug, but they worked like a charm!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:42 pm 
Site Supporter

Yata69 wrote:
The Lighted mirrror comes to the mirror down from the head liner, I would guess the drivers side, since it is attached to the dome light. It comes on when th dome comes on when you open the door and you can also switch the mirror lights on independantly of the dome. My came with it, so I already have the factory connectors there. Did yo upull the harness yourself? If so, just follow the way it came out. If not, Im not sure and my cars in the body shop now, or id check for ya. If you are still looking for this info when I get my car back, Ill pull the drivers side windshield facia cover and see how its run and let ya know. Ill take pics too if I remember!
Hi Yata69,
Yes I pulled the harness myself at the junkyard. Harness and mirror for $10; mirror looks to be in great shape too. It was easy, the hardest part was pulling out the clips that hold the harness to the body. The problem is that I have a sunroof (working). And our neon already has a harness from the red plug powering the sunroof and lighted visors, but no plug for the mirror. So I'm thinking splicing will be the only way to power the rearview mirror. No need for any pics at the moment, I was actually planning to take some when I did the install. Thanks though.
Yata69 wrote:
The mirror lights are the same as the dome light. I can get you some visor lights if you need them, they are about $1 each at a local electroncs store here. If you have a local electronics store, not radio shlock, take in the old light and ask them if they can get these for you. I do not have a part number thoug, but they worked like a charm!
Thanks for the offer on lights. I have no idea if the bulbs are good in the mirror, may very well need your help there.
How often do you use your map lights on the rear view mirror?

baby99neon

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:08 pm 
Global Moderator

Mine was not equipped with the mirror with map lights, but on one trip at Parts Galore, i saw one, grabbed it and the length of harness that goes from the wiring harness up in the headliner to the mirror. I ran the power feed wire from it to a spot in the dome light/visor lights wiring in the "a" pillar. (spliced into that wire.) Then ran the ground side of it to the ground side of the dome light, which goes to the timer delay relay, which gives the circuit it's ground. Works flawlessly.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:28 am 
Site Supporter

baby99neon wrote:
Yata69 wrote:
Hi Yata69,
Yes I pulled the harness myself at the junkyard. Harness and mirror for $10; mirror looks to be in great shape too. It was easy, the hardest part was pulling out the clips that hold the harness to the body. The problem is that I have a sunroof (working). And our neon already has a harness from the red plug powering the sunroof and lighted visors, but no plug for the mirror. So I'm thinking splicing will be the only way to power the rearview mirror. No need for any pics at the moment, I was actually planning to take some when I did the install. Thanks though.
Yata69 wrote:
Thanks for the offer on lights. I have no idea if the bulbs are good in the mirror, may very well need your help there.
How often do you use your map lights on the rear view mirror?

baby99neon

Mirror lights should be the same as the dome light, so that is a local auto parts thing, the virosr thing, thats different. I can easily get them, i have a spare set and will take them to the same place to get more if needed. Id take pics of the visor bulbs, but my camera is not that good. Autozone has the dome lights for 6 bucks, i can get them for about 1 buck, same for the visor lights, maybe a buck for those. As I said, if you have a real electronics shop near, ask them, if not, then I can get them to ya cheap. Shipping and cost of bulbs. 3 dome/mirror and 2 visor lights will cost me maybe 6 bucks plus 2-3 bucks shipping, autozone will charge 6 bucks each for the dome lights and they cant get the visor lights. Im cose to my electronics store, i can ask for part numbers and electroncs stores in your area if you want.

EDIT: My electroncis store is kind of my crack, I go there just to sniff the solder flux!! I have maybe 3 strips of red/white/blue LEDs (will light with my horn and other reasons!) that wil be on my car soon, so i can easily ask, they usually all know each other, because there are so few now a days.

Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:17 am 
Site Supporter

I found this post on how to thoroughly seal a splice:
http://forums.neons.org/viewtopic.php?p=2779148#p2779148
project03r/t wrote:
You tap the wire not intercept(splice it). Taping the wire is like Chris described. Just sheer a section of the wire cover off and wrap and solder your MAP clamp wires to them.Since it's in the engine bay and subject to the elements if you take the car out in poor weather, you should heat shrink, liquid electrical tape, then regular electrical tape and then wire loom it to protect your tap. Otherwise it may fail down the road. I will take a pic of where you should be taping into the map clamp and send it to you (I got your PM). but it really is as simple as I described in the first post. promise.
Liquid Electrical Tape and Spray Electrical Insulation
Looks like you can get it a Harbor Freight Tools, carquest and mass market auto parts stores.

There are a few manufacturers of Liquid Electrical Tape.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:10 pm 
Site Supporter

Ive used this liquid tape before but had forgoten about it. It works pretty nice.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:59 am 
Site Supporter

MichNeon wrote:
Mine was not equipped with the mirror with map lights, but on one trip at Parts Galore, i saw one, grabbed it and the length of harness that goes from the wiring harness up in the headliner to the mirror. I ran the power feed wire from it to a spot in the dome light/visor lights wiring in the "a" pillar. (spliced into that wire.) Then ran the ground side of it to the ground side of the dome light, which goes to the timer delay relay, which gives the circuit it's ground. Works flawlessly.

Splicing into the harness in the "a" pillar's PK (pink wire) for the power seems like the perfect idea, thanks. Which of the other two wires did you splice into the dome light's ground side, YL/BK (Yellow Black) = Time Delay Relay or BK/OR (Black Orange) = Ground? The wire on the dome light's ground side is YL/BK (Yellow Black) and goes to the Time Out Relay.
My guess would be you connected the YL/BK (Yellow Black) from the harness to the YL/BK (Yellow Black) of the dome light which sounds like a good idea to me. If my guess is right, did you just exclude the BK/OR (Black Orange) wire? Will not connecting the BK/OR (Black Orange) wire have any negative side effects?
Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:09 pm 
Site Supporter

Here's some pictures to help out anyone else trying to do this. I'll post where I did my splices after I do them.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:29 pm 
Site Supporter

Here are the splices I am planning on doing for the lighted rear view mirror install. I'd like to know if everyone thinks they are good or bad before going forward.
Thanks for any comments.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:20 pm 
Global Moderator

baby99neon wrote:
MichNeon wrote:

Splicing into the harness in the "a" pillar's PK (pink wire) for the power seems like the perfect idea, thanks. Which of the other two wires did you splice into the dome light's ground side, YL/BK (Yellow Black) = Time Delay Relay or BK/OR (Black Orange) = Ground? The wire on the dome light's ground side is YL/BK (Yellow Black) and goes to the Time Out Relay.
My guess would be you connected the YL/BK (Yellow Black) from the harness to the YL/BK (Yellow Black) of the dome light which sounds like a good idea to me. If my guess is right, did you just exclude the BK/OR (Black Orange) wire? Will not connecting the BK/OR (Black Orange) wire have any negative side effects?
Thanks

ATM, i can't remember which wire at the dome light i spliced the mirror lights ground into, i think that it is the yellow/black wire. I'll take a look either tomorrow or Sat., when i have a little time. Sorry for the late response, my family has been keeping me busy tonight, and, i had to install a new video card into my computer. (The old one was dying, it's fan kept quitting, and it was overheating.)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:30 pm 
Global Moderator

baby99neon wrote:
Here are the splices I am planning on doing for the lighted rear view mirror install. I'd like to know if everyone thinks they are good or bad before going forward.
Thanks for any comments.

Actually, because that black/orange wire is just a ground, you could just put a ring terminal on the black/orange wire coming from the mirror connector, and use a short self tapping screw to ground it near where the harness goes to the mirror, instead of having to fish a long wire all the way down to the foglight switch.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:16 am 
Site Supporter

Yata69 wrote:
It comes on when th dome comes on when you open the door and you can also switch the mirror lights on independently of the dome.
Well the job is done and according to your description of how a lighted rear view mirror should be working the install is a 100% success. :good: Luckily both light bulbs were good.

When a neon has a sunroof the dome light is quite a bit further back on the ceiling. So when you turn it on you get less light and more shadows. A lighted rear view mirror fixes the darkness problem. However, when you have a sunroof the install of the mirror becomes a splicing job instead of just plugging in a harness. It's funny that sunroof people need a lighted rear view mirror the most but will have the most difficult time installing it. :lol:

Thanks for your help Yata69

baby99neon

Last edited by baby99neon on Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:49 am 
Site Supporter

MichNeon wrote:
Actually, because that black/orange wire is just a ground, you could just put a ring terminal on the black/orange wire coming from the mirror connector, and use a short self tapping screw to ground it near where the harness goes to the mirror, instead of having to fish a long wire all the way down to the foglight switch.
That's a good idea and eliminates some work from the install. I think you could even skip the self tapping screw and put the ring terminal on the screw for the visor clip.
I had already stripped the insulation off of my splice points when I read your post so I finished with my original plan. Hopefully someone else reading your post will benefit from your idea.

I like the lighted rear view mirror, wish I had one YEARS ago. I also noticed that the vents from the top of the mirror work as a good fingers warmer when the lights are on. Toasty incandescent bulbs.

MichNeon thanks for your helpful replies.

baby99neon

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:46 am 
Global Moderator

You're welcome! I hope that the info is helpful to others as it was to you.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:46 pm 
Site Supporter

Glad to have helped.
I was lucky. Mine came stock with the lighted mirror and the connector was just stuffed up under the liner waitting for a mirror!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:41 pm 
Neon Genius

Will archive at some point.

niceguy wrote:
Jerk

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:46 pm 
New

Nice write up have one to add power windows/ locks to a neon without them origanialy.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:49 am 
Site Supporter

http://forums.neons.org/viewtopic.php?p=3210157#p3210157
jimbo in MI wrote:

The other 3 pins

4 is blank

This post was very helpful and should be included if this thread will be archived.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:20 am 
Site Supporter

After doing something hindsight often tells you what would have been the best or easier way. Sort of a collaborative idea with MichNeon. Here's what might be the easiest way to splice in a lighted rear view mirror if your harness from the C225 connector doesn't include the wiring for the mirror. I think the donor harness will reach from the mirror to the dome light and visor clip. Only 2 splices and 1 ring terminal when you run the wire in the donor car's rear view mirror harness. Remember, take the WHOLE harness from the donor car - you'll need the length. FREE WIRE! Cut off and cap off the wires for the visor lights (if present) on the donor harness. Remove all the chassis clips too. Always solder. Always Insulate. And remember to use dielectric grease on the ring terminal (chassis side) for the visor clip screw (under the head liner).
Disclaimer: I haven't done or tested this method yet but I think it will work.
Last updated on 9/22/2012