It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:31 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: SRT-4 Injector P/N 04891574ab? Tuning ? with garrett a/r50
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:03 pm 
New

Location: new lenox, IL (near Chicagoland Speedway Nascar track)
A friend just bought a used 03 srt-4 from a dealer, it has some mods done to it but being from a used car dealer we don't know who or what is done to the car. It buries the 20psi boost gauge but runs extremely rich in boost. From what I can see, the car has a garret A/R 50 turbo, turbosmart intake tube/air filter, turbosmart dual stage boost controller, it uses the stock fuel supply line but also has a -8 braided hose coming out of the fuel tank to the front of the car, through a boost referenced aeromotive regulator and then a -6 from the regulator to the fuel rail test port connection. It does not have a cat, but does has two factory oxygen sensors. The map sensor is part number 05033224AA and the injectors are part number 04891574ab. I don't know what is in the fuel tanks for pumps, maybe they use the stock feed line for a return? At the aftermarket braided hose/regulator the fuel pressure is 20 psi running, but i dont know what it is in boost (the gauge is under the hood) Or maybe they use the braided hose for a return? It has a apexi safc II but came with no instructions, an apexi turbo timer, and an aem air/fuel gauge which has its own oxygen sensor welded in where the cat should be, it is digital and reads 14.7 at idle, cruise, and full boost, so it obviously isnt working. I am wondering if we should get rid of the apexi and the extra fuel system and just buy the stage 3 kit minus the turbo. I dont know if you can even do that, how big is the stage 3 turbo compared to the garrett a/r50? What size are the injectors i have listed? What direction should we go in to get the car running leaner in high boost. The apexi is spliced into the ecm connectors but all the wires arent hooked up. Thanks for your time and help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:03 pm 
Neon Enthusiast

ok sounds like this car has a fuel return kit, safc, probably s2 injectors (what color are the o-rings?), pressure regulator, and all the other goodies. in fact, it sounds like a rather nice set up. minus the safc of course, that thing is the devil.

i honestly wouldn't suggest going w/s3 after all that. besides, you can't get it minus the turbo anda 50 trim is a larger turbo anway. what sounds like a better idea in this case is to turn down the boost to a more reasonable level (under 20psi) for now until you figure out exactly what's going on. the safc should tell you boost levels as well as fuel pressure, so you can use that to tune from. the wideband you said isn't working, so you should check the wiring on that and see if you can get it working. if you can't, i would definetly invest in a innovative lc-1/xd-1 set up as a wideband is very important when running a big turbo.

the best thing that i can suggest to you is to definetly turn down the boost for now, but also ditch the mbc and safc and invest in a emanage/e01 or if you really want to go nuts an aem ems. the emanage is probably a more reasonable option though. that will allow you to tune properly and know what's going on with the car. also a 30psi gauge would help out as well.

if the car was done right, then that could be a very nice set up that your friend has there.

s3 ftw

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:12 am 
Neon Enthusiast

with what you are saying about this car, it sounds like it is nothing but problems. he needs to go to the dealer and get the previous owners number and call him and get the run down on the car before messing with anything.

2003 Buell Lightning XB9S- Buell Race Package