It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:03 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 3000 RPM stumble like hitting a rev limiter
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:27 pm 
New

Hey everyone, I just bought this 1995 neon that has been swapped. It has a 2005 SRT 4 engine and trans and MSII set up.

My problem is that the car has been hacked together for the most part but i got it really cheap.

Heres my issue right now. I was cleaning up the wiring in the engine bay because a lot was hangin out of the loom and looked nasty, also the battery was relocated to the trunk and the guy had a god awful amount of 2 ga wire running from the battery to starter with no fuse. So i taped up the harness and installed a 125 amo circuit breaker.

After doing this the car will not rev past 3000 RPM its like launch controll is stuck on or its hitting a rev limiter. I turned off both the rev limiter and launch control and still have the same problem Everything appears to be set up correctly.

Is there any sort of relearn procedure that needs to be done after a battery disconnect? If not do you guys have any ideas? Im failrly new to Megasquirt but i have been reading a lot of information.

When i have tuning studio open and i hit 3000 RPM AF bounces all over the place and the red SYNC tab on the bottom of the screen flashes.

I replaced the crank sensor and added additional ground wires still the same issue. I did change the power feed for the AEM wide band which may have caused this im not certain i will try that tomorrow.

Post subject: Re: 3000 RPM stumble like hitting a rev limiter
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:43 pm 
Neon Enthusiast

Log it and post it up. Use something like myfreefilehosting.com to upload the file.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:44 pm 
Scam Gang

What kind of MegaSquirt ECU is it? MS1/MS2/MS3? v2.2/v3.0 board? Did you build it yourself?

Proud Neons.org Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:24 am 
New

I just know that when i use megatune it shows it is version 2.0.1. I bought the car with it on there and it was working before i redid the battery cables. I also cleaned the harness up, meaning just taping it up as the install was pretty sloppy.

What program do i use to make a log? Mega logviewer? Sorry for my noobness but this is my first time using megasquirt and it seems like a awesoem system but have a lot to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:14 am 
Neon Mechanic

Do you have the MSQ from before the change saved?

If so revert to that MSQ?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:19 am 
New

I didnt make any changes to the .msq before i made any changes. I was going to just try to load a different one or maybe update the firmware but i dont wanna cause myself more problems since im new to all this. Do you know of anywhere i can read up on how to copy the .msq and upload a new one? Would megamanual be best?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:06 am 
Neon Enthusiast

Use TunerStudio to log. Third option from the top left is Data Logging. Start the car, start logging, then get the car to act up. Stop the log, save, upload, post link here.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:48 am 
New

Thanks for the info i will have the datalog and .msq up tonight

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:10 pm 
trailer queen

ian11gti wrote:
Heres my issue right now. I was cleaning up the wiring in the engine bay because a lot was hangin out of the loom and looked nasty, also the battery was relocated to the trunk and the guy had a god awful amount of 2 ga wire running from the battery to starter with no fuse. So i taped up the harness and installed a 125 amo circuit breaker.

After doing this the car will not rev past 3000 RPM its like launch controll is stuck on or its hitting a rev limiter. I turned off both the rev limiter and launch control and still have the same problem Everything appears to be set up correctly.

If the problem appeared after you tampered with the wiring... then my best bet would be you have a wiring issue.
Maybe a wire is shorting somewhere? Neons wire harness like to rub against the block and short it self out. :pardon:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:07 pm 
New

fixed the issue. Needed to install a 1,000 ohm resistor between the vref and ckp signal circuit.