How-to's: A/C removal and Cam gear/timing.

The 1st Gen Board is for general questions regarding the first generation of Neons (1995 - 1999.) Rumors, hints, tips-and-tricks, and all general maintenance and repair questions belong in this forum, as well as beginning modification queries.
Bagnon
Neon Enthusiast

How-to's: A/C removal and Cam gear/timing.

Post by Bagnon » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:11 pm

Hey guys.

I can't for the life of me find how-to's for removing the a/c system and how-to's to properly change cam gears and timing belt. I swear I had come across both in the past. Now I can't seem to find either.

Can anyone point me in to the right direction? For the a/c, I mainly want to know what belt I would need after the compressor is removed (factory pulley). For the timing, years ago I had come across a how-to where it was very detailed and had great pictures specific to 1st gen Neons. I bookmarked it but that was a long time ago and I probably missed a bookmark backup.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Tyler

occasional demons
Master Neon Mechanic

Re: How-to's: A/C removal and Cam gear/timing.

Post by occasional demons » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:23 pm

viewforum.php?f=22

https://www.neons.org/jball/howto/timin ... howto.html

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=117229

I'm sure there are other posts also, just a matter of the right key words in a search...
- Bill

desmodromic wrote:You have to remember what's important here, while they make New humans everyday, they'll never make another Neon.
Skellibert wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:42 amThis is a daily by the way, not a track car or fun buggy.

Bagnon
Neon Enthusiast

Re: How-to's: A/C removal and Cam gear/timing.

Post by Bagnon » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:26 pm

Awesome. Thank you!

I forgot to mention that my car is a DOHC.

Return to “1st Gen”