Need Help

The 1st Gen Board is for general questions regarding the first generation of Neons (1995 - 1999.) Rumors, hints, tips-and-tricks, and all general maintenance and repair questions belong in this forum, as well as beginning modification queries.
wishbone308
New

Need Help

Post by wishbone308 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:50 pm

Hi my name is Eric Wisher I am currently racing in the mid west running for ump regional and national points I'm currently 1st in the region and 2nd in the nation for ump sport compact. I have a 98 neon with a 2.4 dual cam motor the eng is mostly stock performance comp. coil ,header , head is milled and the throttle body is hogged out.The last couple of nights the car has been popping real bad.any Ideas? What fuel pressure should I have to make this run rite with ford 25lb injectors I have a aftermarket pump ,regulator and fuel cell. The only other thing I can think it might be is maybe the cam and springs, Where could I find cams and springs for this application. Thanks in advance all opinions appreciated

7angofragger
Neon Enthusiast

Re: Need Help

Post by 7angofragger » Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:39 pm

You Know You Drive An Srt 4 when you cant decide whether or not to call it a 'effin neon' or an 'SRT-4'. Depending on the last time it broke down.

2003 SRT4
1995 Turbo Base

Return to “1st Gen”