Project pt

MOPAR Projects. Got a MOPAR project and want to share? Here is your chance!.. FYI please realize that we will be lenient, but your base build must be around a MOPAR vehicle, engine, chassis etc.. If you dont know, please PM the mod group for approval. Non MOPAR project logs will be deleted.
doerun
Global Moderator

Project pt

Post by doerun » Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:32 am

It's official mine and officially needing mods

Plus you guys probably lost with me not having a project log anymore. All three of my logs are finished or the car is gone

Complexity
Neon Enthusiast

Re: Project pt

Post by Complexity » Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:59 am

Pics !

alpinegreenneon
Super Moderator

Post by alpinegreenneon » Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:04 pm

You'll have to put Neon badges on it to keep this thread in Neon project logs. :smile:
Case

98 Sport Coupe DOHC Alpine Green ATX stock
98 Sport Coupe DOHC Amethyst ATX to MTX swap
95 NYG ACR Coupe (restored)
03 Dakota QC 4.7 4x4 ATX Patriot Blue stock (Sold)
16 Dart SE 2.0L Laser Blue Pearl stock
16 Dart SXT 2.0L TorRed stock
18 Ram 1500 standard cab 3.6L Delmonico Red stock

doerun
Global Moderator

Post by doerun » Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:42 pm

alpinegreenneon wrote:You'll have to put Neon badges on it to keep this thread in Neon project logs. :smile:

Haha its just a bloated neon. I have some small plans for it. I'm actually out there working on it now

PA ACR
Achievements Unlocked

Post by PA ACR » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:23 am

So, can we assume then that the NYG is now in the ownership of Jacob.... :scratch:
My True Story:
My older sister/husband sent me a selfie of them taking a test ride in a newer Corvette. They posted, "Going for a joy ride in our "dream car"
I immediately posted back......" Why dream small, I can put you in the driver's seat of a neon for a fraction of the price".......

U-Pulls are like a box of Chocolates.......you never know what you're going to find...... ;)

Oldest GUY on the .ORG with an ACR, a NYG, AND a R/T

doerun
Global Moderator

Post by doerun » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:10 am

PA ACR wrote:So, can we assume then that the NYG is now in the ownership of Jacob.... :scratch:
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

doerun
Global Moderator

Project pt

Post by doerun » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:12 am

Picture test on new Tapatalk update...

Looking into building a pc soon and no more Tapatalk

Awesome they fixed it back to the way it was. Now I can at least share with you guys. I'll go back to my nyg thread and other threads to update the pictures. As well as update on the pt. All coming this afternoon...

bsneon98
Neon Enthusiast

Post by bsneon98 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:53 am

I like the color matched grill! Pretty shade of red overall
1998 DOHC ATX Plymouth Neon
Thrush Turbo Muffler
Depo Clear Projector Headlights

2005 Dodge SRT-4
MSD Ignition (soon to be OEM)

"Mopar Or No Car"

Build Log:
http://forums.neons.org/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=398487

doerun
Global Moderator

Post by doerun » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:11 am

bsneon98 wrote:I like the color matched grill! Pretty shade of red overall
Agreed and I love that grill. Beats the chrome one by far

bsneon98
Neon Enthusiast

Post by bsneon98 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:28 am

doerun wrote:
bsneon98 wrote:I like the color matched grill! Pretty shade of red overall
Agreed and I love that grill. Beats the chrome one by far
I drive an 06 in the winter as a "beater" with a chrome grill, when we got it, it was already starting to rust.

Plasti dipped it black and it looks a ton better

Thrush Turbo Muffler

2005 Dodge SRT-4

"Mopar Or No Car"

Build Log:

mrmopar16
Neon Enthusiast

Post by mrmopar16 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:13 am

When are you going to start making this thing fast? :dunno:
-Jacob

96' Base Model with a 2.4 swap. Going turbo! (Summer Toy) Watch my progress here ---->: http://forums.neons.org/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=380437

12 Neons and counting!!

doerun
Global Moderator

Post by doerun » Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:14 am

mrmopar16 wrote:When are you going to start making this thing fast? :dunno:
Idk. I've been contemplating NA but turbo would be easier and faster. But I may just drive it and leave it alone. So many ideas.

doerun
Global Moderator

Post by doerun » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:36 pm

First time for the pt going under the knife...
Junkyard trans and clutch... Getting rid of the scratchy 5th

Pt motors and trans will come out of the top with some effort

Tomorrow I'm dropping the tranny. And doing the swap. After removing the junkyard unit I had been awake for 27 hours and crashed for 3 hours. Hopefully I finish it all up tomorrow!

doerun
Global Moderator

Post by doerun » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:14 pm

Well I slept a little late to day and ended up starting late. I got the old trans out with no issues

I split the jy motor and trans to find a nice looking clutch thankfully because I had planned on using the jy clutch

The new clutch and trans are in the car but the sun was setting and I had to go pick up parts for my acr. So first thing tomorrow I'll be finishing up a few things and the pt should be back on the road once more

doerun
Global Moderator

Project pt

Post by doerun » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:35 pm

Pt is now back on the road. Man did I miss it. She runs like a dream. No more shoty clutch and join more fifth gear scrape. I missed the luxuries the pt has over the neon... Heat, radio, comfort, quite interior, and being able to pass a cop without worry

Now the neon takes it place in the work shop

PA ACR
Achievements Unlocked

Post by PA ACR » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:13 pm

We definitely miss ours. I almost turned around while driving it to the JY for scrap.....plus we only got $100 for it. Unfortunately, too many things wrong to justify keeping it on the road. I would've kept it for parts, but my wife wouldn't have been too happy...... :nea:

We're actually thinking about buying another one......2008-10, low mileage, ATX, heated seats, around $5,000. I've found several of them on line, but they were hours away and we just couldn't decide if we wanted to pull the trigger..... My wife wants heated front seats and they're pretty hard to find.
My True Story:
My older sister/husband sent me a selfie of them taking a test ride in a newer Corvette. They posted, "Going for a joy ride in our "dream car"
I immediately posted back......" Why dream small, I can put you in the driver's seat of a neon for a fraction of the price".......

U-Pulls are like a box of Chocolates.......you never know what you're going to find...... ;)

PA ACR
Achievements Unlocked

Post by PA ACR » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:23 pm

Does your PT have leather seats?
doerun wrote: Now the neon takes it place in the work shop
I see you still have the Carlisle sticker on the windshield..... :good:
My True Story:

doerun
Global Moderator

Post by doerun » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:36 pm

PA ACR wrote:Does your PT have leather seats?
doerun wrote: Now the neon takes it place in the work shop
I see you still have the Carlisle sticker on the windshield..... :good:
I absolutely love the car. Probably the best daily I've ever owned. The mtx makes it great. It does have leather seats but I'm going to upgrade to the heated leather seats soon.

And yes I'm starting my Carlisle collection :)

mrmopar16
Neon Enthusiast

Post by mrmopar16 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:40 am

Glad to see it's fixed. I always forget how comfortable they are to drive compared to a 1g :rofl: Then I get in kaylas and there is so much more wiggle room haha
-Jacob

96' Base Model with a 2.4 swap. Going turbo! (Summer Toy) Watch my progress here ---->: http://forums.neons.org/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=380437

12 Neons and counting!!

doerun
Global Moderator

Post by doerun » Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:05 am

mrmopar16 wrote:Glad to see it's fixed. I always forget how comfortable they are to drive compared to a 1g :rofl: Then I get in kaylas and there is so much more wiggle room haha
So true. I had almost forgotten lol. Next week I'll let you drive it some with this smooth 5th gear :)

bsneon98
Neon Enthusiast

Post by bsneon98 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:18 am

NIce to see its on the road. My 1st gen is way more comfortable to drive for me. But I did spend a weekend putting heated seats in the PT for winter comfort :)
Thrush Turbo Muffler

2005 Dodge SRT-4

"Mopar Or No Car"

Build Log:

doerun
Global Moderator

Post by doerun » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:27 am

bsneon98 wrote:NIce to see its on the road. My 1st gen is way more comfortable to drive for me. But I did spend a weekend putting heated seats in the PT for winter comfort :)
Haha you crazy.
The heated leather is next on my agenda. So is it plug and play? I'm hoping I can just plug in the heated seats and roll

bsneon98
Neon Enthusiast

Post by bsneon98 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:46 pm

doerun wrote:
bsneon98 wrote:NIce to see its on the road. My 1st gen is way more comfortable to drive for me. But I did spend a weekend putting heated seats in the PT for winter comfort :)
Haha you crazy.
The heated leather is next on my agenda. So is it plug and play? I'm hoping I can just plug in the heated seats and roll
Lol. Basically. Mine has the cloth seats so its probably not ideal but its whatever. I used one of the $40 universal kits off ebay. Clip a few hog rings and lay the elements and re hog rig and install. Pretty straight forward, just time consuming. The side panels are a SOB to get off without breaking, I got very lucky for the most part but still had to repair something before reinstalling lol

This PT is the bare minimum so the option of plug and play wasnt even a thought. You may be lucky to find some junkyard heated leather seats, snag the bezel with the control buttons and you should be set. Im no expert on the PT's by any means, and I really dont want to be lol, they suck to work on.
Thrush Turbo Muffler

2005 Dodge SRT-4

"Mopar Or No Car"

Build Log:

doerun
Global Moderator

Post by doerun » Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:43 pm

bsneon98 wrote:
doerun wrote:
Haha you crazy.
Lol. Basically. Mine has the cloth seats so its probably not ideal but its whatever. I used one of the $40 universal kits off ebay. Clip a few hog rings and lay the elements and re hog rig and install. Pretty straight forward, just time consuming. The side panels are a SOB to get off without breaking, I got very lucky for the most part but still had to repair something before reinstalling lol

This PT is the bare minimum so the option of plug and play wasnt even a thought. You may be lucky to find some junkyard heated leather seats, snag the bezel with the control buttons and you should be set. Im no expert on the PT's by any means, and I really dont want to be lol, they suck to work on.

Nice lol. I have access to two sets of heated leather seats. I'm hoping I can buy one and just drop it in and plug it up. I already have leather seats with airbags and all that in the car. The only thing mine are lacking is the heated option

bsneon98
Neon Enthusiast

Post by bsneon98 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:01 pm

doerun wrote:
bsneon98 wrote:
doerun wrote: Haha you crazy.

Nice lol. I have access to two sets of heated leather seats. I'm hoping I can buy one and just drop it in and plug it up. I already have leather seats with airbags and all that in the car. The only thing mine are lacking is the heated option
hmm.. Nice!! You may be plug and play, ive read a couple threads on various sites where people have gotten that lucky. I really hate TIPMS, and the MUXS system. Totally redundant and unnecessary IMO, im sure chrysler engineers will argue otherwise. I just love the 2.4, such a nice motor, plus the 604 adds an extra gear to what im used to. I really wish I swapped to this when I had my neons heart out.
Thrush Turbo Muffler

2005 Dodge SRT-4

"Mopar Or No Car"

Build Log:

doerun
Global Moderator

Project pt

Post by doerun » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:26 pm

Alright little update for this week. My local neon buddy Dennis (previous owner of my acr and built my motor) buys turbo pts and parts them out. Anyways he had a pt their with a different leather interior than mine and heated seats. So I bought the door panels and seats.

I got home and swapped all of it out

Old

New

Now the old seats and door panels are packed up in the car and I had to leave room for 4 Silverstones. It's gonna be a tight fit but hopefully everything makes it! Check the pits for details on my trip...

bsneon98
Neon Enthusiast

Post by bsneon98 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:42 am

Happy Birthday man!
Thrush Turbo Muffler

2005 Dodge SRT-4

"Mopar Or No Car"

Build Log:

doerun
Global Moderator

Post by doerun » Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:13 pm

bsneon98 wrote:Happy Birthday man!
Thanks dude!

doerun
Global Moderator

Post by doerun » Fri May 12, 2017 5:09 pm

Well after months of random limp mode and no starts I finally decided to fix the pt. I started with the crank sensor which was the code it was throwing and no luck. Next I changed the cam sensor and magnet. After a year of running like crap that 1 sensor fixed it up. The pt runs like a champ. I've never loved the car this much. The pt has truly grown on me. Super practical, fun to drive, and a nice car all around. I've really enjoyed it the last 3-4 weeks since it is running absolutely perfect.

Yesterday I decided I might sell it though because I miss driving a neon. It could be the fact my acr has been down for a while. Idk. Anyways yesterday I decided to consider selling it.
Here is a picture of the pt today

My uncle needed a car and I told him how nice it was. Hopefully he enjoyed it. I have him a great deal. Now to go look at a rare neon in the morning :grin:

doerun
Global Moderator

Post by doerun » Fri May 12, 2017 5:16 pm

Rip
11/2016-5/17

alpinegreenneon
Super Moderator

Post by alpinegreenneon » Fri May 12, 2017 5:59 pm

The pics took a long time to load and when I saw the RIP before I saw the pics, I thought you wrecked it. :shock: :dunno:
So what rare Neon????
Case

98 Sport Coupe DOHC Alpine Green ATX stock
98 Sport Coupe DOHC Amethyst ATX to MTX swap
95 NYG ACR Coupe (restored)
03 Dakota QC 4.7 4x4 ATX Patriot Blue stock (Sold)
16 Dart SE 2.0L Laser Blue Pearl stock
16 Dart SXT 2.0L TorRed stock
18 Ram 1500 standard cab 3.6L Delmonico Red stock

doerun
Global Moderator

Post by doerun » Fri May 12, 2017 6:06 pm

alpinegreenneon wrote:The pics took a long time to load and when I saw the RIP before I saw the pics, I thought you wrecked it. :shock: :dunno:
So what rare Neon????

Could be this dumb Tapatalk. I got a computer monitor but things are hectic on the new house and I'm still getting things organized.

And should I brag now? I think I'll try to hold out until the morning. It's a 2gn... So I'm iffy. But I've kinda been interested in trying a 2gn again for a dd. The pt was great but I wanted a neon to play and lightly mod. This 2gn will complement the acr very very nicely

PA ACR
Achievements Unlocked

Post by PA ACR » Fri May 12, 2017 10:52 pm

Thought you were going to buy the NYG ACR in Alabama....... :shock:
My True Story:

doerun
Global Moderator

Post by doerun » Sat May 13, 2017 5:14 am

PA ACR wrote:Thought you were going to buy the NYG ACR in Alabama....... :shock:
I'd like to after n2k. I don't have time to go get it and no one to store it down there. Plus it's a roller. I need a daily. I'm on my way to look at the new car now

PA ACR
Achievements Unlocked

Post by PA ACR » Sat May 13, 2017 8:18 am

doerun wrote: Could be this dumb Tapatalk. I got a computer monitor but things are hectic on the new house and I'm still getting things organized.
Takes less than 5 minutes to hook up a computer.......lame... :wink:
My True Story:

mike_leahcim
Neon Enthusiast

Post by mike_leahcim » Sat May 13, 2017 8:31 am

I'm curious about this rare neon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1996 Dodge Neon MTX - 2.0 DOHC/SRT-4 Turbo Swap - 36# injectors - 60mm MPx TB - Mopar Short Throw Shifter - Depo Lights - SRT4 Intercooler - Booger Bushings - OBX UDP- 'Race' Motor Mount Inserts - Running 5psi of boost with a Begi FMU

2005 Dodge Neon Srt-4
2015 Dodge Dart Rallye 2.4 Stock

My Project Log - http://forums.neons.org/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=392625

doerun
Global Moderator

Post by doerun » Sat May 13, 2017 10:24 am

She ain't the prettiest, but she is now legally mine. Gonna be my daily and hopefully a weekend warrior to get my feet wet on autox. I have a horde of parts to throw at it.

mike_leahcim
Neon Enthusiast

Post by mike_leahcim » Sat May 13, 2017 8:19 pm

That's a nice front end.

1996 Dodge Neon MTX - 2.0 DOHC/SRT-4 Turbo Swap - 36# injectors - 60mm MPx TB - Mopar Short Throw Shifter - Depo Lights - SRT4 Intercooler - Booger Bushings - OBX UDP- 'Race' Motor Mount Inserts - Running 5psi of boost with a Begi FMU

2005 Dodge Neon Srt-4
2015 Dodge Dart Rallye 2.4 Stock

My Project Log - http://forums.neons.org/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=392625

doerun
Global Moderator

Post by doerun » Sat May 13, 2017 8:22 pm

mike_leahcim wrote:That's a nice front end.

With no door moldings and adjustable suspension

bsneon98
Neon Enthusiast

Post by bsneon98 » Mon May 15, 2017 4:43 am

Nice find man! What exactly is so rare about it?
Thrush Turbo Muffler

2005 Dodge SRT-4

"Mopar Or No Car"

Build Log:

Return to “MOPAR Projects”