Org Nostalgia

The Pits is where relaxed, off-topic, and random posts should go. This board is not Neon-specific and any topic is allowed as long as it meets the terms of the User Agreement: You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Administrators and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should they see fit.
Roger Ward
Neon Enthusiast

Re: Org Nostalgia

Post by Roger Ward » Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:08 pm

Midnight Rider wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:16 am
I do as well. :good:
I'm nowhere near the wealth of knowledge that many are here when it comes to Neons, but I do plan on trying to make it back to the forum more often.
Red 2002 R/T, named the "Speedy Little Devil" by my oldest daughter, who now drives it more than I do.

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy,
I'm not surprised that you agree

“Artillery Brings Dignity to What Would Otherwise Be Just A Vulgar Brawl”

Joe C
Neon Enthusiast

Post by Joe C » Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:32 pm

Snapdragon wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:48 pm Post anything super old from the org that people may have forgotten about.

I'll go first, with a non-controversial one.

Made the list :good:
hi.

occasional demons
Master Neon Mechanic

Post by occasional demons » Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:28 pm

That was before my time.

I have owned a neon since 2004, but it took me 3 years to sign up. Probably because I didn't own a computer until 2007. :lol:

Heck, I don't think I got a cell phone until ~2009 or 2010.
- Bill

desmodromic wrote:You have to remember what's important here, while they make New humans everyday, they'll never make another Neon.
Skellibert wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:42 amThis is a daily by the way, not a track car or fun buggy.

Tyler
Neon Enthusiast

Post by Tyler » Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:00 pm

Think I joined in 05, man this place was happening back then. Sold my srt to some kid from Cleveland a few years back and I think I heard that he totaled it not long after.

A bunch of us had a cool meet up in Columbus around 08ish during the mopar nationals. Iirc, Tom(?) had us over for a cook out after which was a blast. Hope everyone is doing well in life!
Operation Boulder Shoulders....

PA ACR
Achievements Unlocked

Post by PA ACR » Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:44 pm

Tyler wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:00 pm Think I joined in 05, man this place was happening back then. Sold my srt to some kid from Cleveland a few years back and I think I heard that he totaled it not long after.

A bunch of us had a cool meet up in Columbus around 08ish during the mopar nationals. Iirc, Tom(?) had us over for a cook out after which was a blast. Hope everyone is doing well in life!
Tyler, are you the guy I met up with on Brice Road and watched cars cruising.......I just searched my Project thread and refreshed my memory. Looks as if 2009 was the last year I went to the NATS. The guy who had the cookout was Tom Z....not sure of his last name. I went to his place for 3 years and he quit having them because he prepared all this fantastic food and nobody showed up..... :sad:
My True Story:
My older sister/husband sent me a selfie of them taking a test ride in a newer Corvette. They posted, "Going for a joy ride in our "dream car"
I immediately posted back......" Why dream small, I can put you in the driver's seat of a neon for a fraction of the price".......

U-Pulls are like a box of Chocolates.......you never know what you're going to find...... ;)

Oldest GUY on the .ORG with an ACR, a NYG, AND a R/T

NickKo
Global Moderator

Post by NickKo » Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:28 pm

PA ACR wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:44 pm
Tyler wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:00 pm
Tyler, are you the guy I met up with on Brice Road and watched cars cruising.......I just searched my Project thread and refreshed my memory. Looks as if 2009 was the last year I went to the NATS. The guy who had the cookout was Tom Z....not sure of his last name. I went to his place for 3 years and he quit having them because he prepared all this fantastic food and nobody showed up..... :sad:
I think it was 'Zoylan', I.I.R.C.

I went to one of his cookouts at one time. Being that he was an old school MoPar guy as well as a Neonite, there was plenty to talk about.

- Nick
-1998 2-dr SOHC MTX= 52mm TB; Maddog STS
-1999 4-dr DOHC ATX= went to car heaven (junkyard)
-2000 Ply.LX with MTX = Maddog STS; CAI; R/T muffler + Header
-2001 Ddg.ES ATX = UDP, Magnum Header; + Syked PCM 'pending'

-1971 Ply.Scamp SL6cyl. ('Horse Traded' away)
-1968 Chry.300 w/440 V8 (sold)
"MoPar or No Car"

Midnight Rider
Neon Enthusiast

Post by Midnight Rider » Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:17 am

Hi NickKo! Long time no see! [/off-topic]
2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4, Stage 2 with Toys- original owner!

PA ACR
Achievements Unlocked

Post by PA ACR » Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:34 am

NickKo wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:28 pm
PA ACR wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:44 pm
Tyler wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:00 pm
I think it was 'Zoylan', I.I.R.C.

I went to one of his cookouts at one time. Being that he was an old school MoPar guy as well as a Neonite, there was plenty to talk about.

- Nick
I'll reply to your post Nick, but I know you won't see it until the next time you log in which will probably be about a year from now....... :wink:

I never did know his last name, so you could be correct. I was the only person to attend all 3 that he had......really sad, especially when a lot of guys said they were going to show up. He prepared a ton of expensive food and it probably went to waste when only a few people showed up.
My True Story:
My older sister/husband sent me a selfie of them taking a test ride in a newer Corvette. They posted, "Going for a joy ride in our "dream car"
I immediately posted back......" Why dream small, I can put you in the driver's seat of a neon for a fraction of the price".......

U-Pulls are like a box of Chocolates.......you never know what you're going to find...... ;)

NickKo
Global Moderator

Post by NickKo » Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:18 pm

Roger Ward wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:02 pm Nostalgia?

Some of the fascinating discussions in The Pits I took part in.

I can't remember the thread, but I recall one where Jim (can't remember his full screen name) was trying to explain that to enter into a contract, you have the ability to comprehend what you're contracting for. Somehow this revolved around NMBLA, and maybe polygamy. He came up with this hilarious treatise NMHDLA (National Man Hunting Dog Love Association) and why it doesn't work. I wish I could find it, or had saved it.
Could that have been 'ILJIM' ??
I think that was his screen name.... :grin:

- Nick
-1998 2-dr SOHC MTX= 52mm TB; Maddog STS
-1999 4-dr DOHC ATX= went to car heaven (junkyard)
-2000 Ply.LX with MTX = Maddog STS; CAI; R/T muffler + Header
-2001 Ddg.ES ATX = UDP, Magnum Header; + Syked PCM 'pending'

-1971 Ply.Scamp SL6cyl. ('Horse Traded' away)
-1968 Chry.300 w/440 V8 (sold)
"MoPar or No Car"

Roger Ward
Neon Enthusiast

Post by Roger Ward » Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:35 pm

NickKo wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:18 pm
Roger Ward wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:02 pm Nostalgia?

Some of the fascinating discussions in The Pits I took part in.

I can't remember the thread, but I recall one where Jim (can't remember his full screen name) was trying to explain that to enter into a contract, you have the ability to comprehend what you're contracting for. Somehow this revolved around NMBLA, and maybe polygamy. He came up with this hilarious treatise NMHDLA (National Man Hunting Dog Love Association) and why it doesn't work. I wish I could find it, or had saved it.
Could that have been 'ILJIM' ??
I think that was his screen name.... :grin:

- Nick
That could very well be it! As I recall he knew a bit about repairing sunroofs.
Red 2002 R/T, named the "Speedy Little Devil" by my oldest daughter, who now drives it more than I do.

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy,
I'm not surprised that you agree

“Artillery Brings Dignity to What Would Otherwise Be Just A Vulgar Brawl”

GregsteNeon
Neon Enthusiast

Post by GregsteNeon » Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:07 pm

What happened to ChandaACR and KatACR(she had NSX seats in her car) I Also hear that people are still waiting for parts from Howell

PA ACR
Achievements Unlocked

Post by PA ACR » Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:12 pm

GregsteNeon wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:07 pm What happened to ChandaACR and KatACR(she had NSX seats in her car) I Also hear that people are still waiting for parts from Howell
Chanda has recently been on neons.org FB (everybody's on FB now) and just bought a beater coupe she is making repairs to....never heard of KatACR.
GregsteNeon wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:07 pm Also hear that people are still waiting for parts from Howell
:lol:
My True Story:

Snapdragon
Server Administrator

Post by Snapdragon » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:28 pm

Might be referring to KatWoman. I still talk to her mostly daily. She's waaaaay moved on from Neons.
[09:24] Snapdragon: Jesus christ
[09:24] Matt W: no, my name is matt. thanks for the upgrade tho

I finally own a 4 banger turbo, but it's a Mk7 Golf R :pardon:

occasional demons
Master Neon Mechanic

Post by occasional demons » Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:28 am

Snapdragon wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:28 pm MShe's waaaaay moved on from Neons.
Women are so fickle.

:lol:

Only kidding.

Maybe we are just too damn sentimental.
- Bill

desmodromic wrote:You have to remember what's important here, while they make New humans everyday, they'll never make another Neon.
Skellibert wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:42 amThis is a daily by the way, not a track car or fun buggy.

INVUJerry
Neon Enthusiast

Post by INVUJerry » Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:23 pm

I can’t believe I’ve been here for 15 years. Crazy times. Some of my best friends are through neons.
Jerry’s Home for Wayard Neons

occasional demons
Master Neon Mechanic

Post by occasional demons » Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:26 pm

Life is certainly strange... Who would have thought buying a car I really didn't care for when they were introduced, only because I needed something more efficient than my XJ, would have taken me on this journey, and getting to meet a lot of fine people both on the forums and in person.
- Bill

PA ACR
Achievements Unlocked

Post by PA ACR » Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:55 am

INVUJerry wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:23 pm I can’t believe I’ve been here for 15 years. Crazy times. Some of my best friends are through neons.
I can’t believe I’ve been here for nearly 17 years. Crazy times. Some of my best friends are through neons.
occasional demons wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:26 pm Life is certainly strange... Who would have thought buying a car I really didn't care for when they were introduced, only because I needed something more efficient than my XJ, would have taken me on this journey, and getting to meet a lot of fine people both on the forums and in person.
Life is certainly strange... Who would have thought buying a car I really didn't know anything about when they were introduced, only because my 16 year old daughter wanted us to buy it for her for work/school, would have taken me on this journey, and getting to meet a lot of fine people both on the forums and in person.
My True Story:

bones_mcgregor
Neon Enthusiast

Post by bones_mcgregor » Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:05 am

I was a lurker on this fine site since I got my first car, a '95 Sport sedan, in '03. Always had at least one neon since but it wasn't until 2017 when I bought my ACR that I really got involved on the forum and on the FB page.

I try to maintain my project logs the best I can. I used Tapatalk but now that it is no longer an option it's kind of a pain to upload pictures to my logs. I've heard the same concern multiple times throughout the community as well. I've tried appealing to the FB neons.org for people to make the forums great again, and it worked. But only for about two days. There was a sudden influx of new posts (particularly project logs) and then back to crickets as per usual. It's sad. I understand the commodity of the FB pages, but my Lord I wish I was more active in the forum heyday
1995 Dodge ACR coupe #18 Challenge
1995 Dodge ACR coupe NYG
1999 Dodge R/T coupe Bright White/Brilliant Blue

"The Tao exists in the mind of a Neon owner where no concern with resale value can be found. To him, it resembles calculating the resale value of his children."

Midnight Rider
Neon Enthusiast

Post by Midnight Rider » Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:16 am

I guess that I can be called a lurker since I'm here every day but seldom post.
2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4, Stage 2 with Toys- original owner!

Vitor
Site Supporter

Post by Vitor » Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:33 am

Enjoy.. its TWO hours :)

Racing Neons since 1998! Over 20 years of on and off track experience. Be Smart, Take it to the Track.

http://www.neongoodies.com Monster Airdam, EGR Kits, Swaybar Brackets, DePowered Race Steering Racks...

98 R/T Project Log: viewtopic.php?f=51&t=289255&start=600 (Retired)
DD: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE

Return to “Pits”