Minnesota Neons Spring Meet • Saturday, May 18, 2019

For Groups/Clubs in: IL,IN,MI,MN,MO,OH,WI
loserlee
Site Supporter

Minnesota Neons Spring Meet • Saturday, May 18, 2019

Post by loserlee » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:44 am

In case there's anyone that still visits the Forum and missed it on Facebook.

What: Minnesota Neons Spring Meet
When: Saturday, May 18, 2019

LOCATION CHANGE DUE TO THE FORECAST OF RAIN ALL DAY:
16775 Kenrick Avenue Lakeville, MN 55044

Due to the possibility of rain and thunderstorms all day, we have changed the location from Burnsville Center to the Park and Ride ramp in Lakeville. Address is above. Not sure what we'll do for lunch, but probably cruise somewhere as a group which could be fun.

When: 11 a.m. - Whenever

We will shoot for the overflow lot that we normally use. It's at the far end of the lot across from JCPenney's and Sears. If it happens to be filled with Dealership cars, it's not too difficult to find the group. We will still shoot for the Sears area.

We will do our standard Applebee's lunch around Noon or whenever everyone gets hungry. The event will happen until everyone decides to leave.

Please, help make this meet successful!! Make sure you let all of your friends that may not be on here aware of the meet.

Other vehicles are allowed, but please, no Neon bashing. If you don't like Neons, don't come!
Last edited by loserlee on Fri May 17, 2019 7:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

Snapdragon
Server Administrator

Re: Minnesota Neons Spring Meet • Saturday, May 18, 2019

Post by Snapdragon » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:04 pm

Global sticky for 35 days for visibility.
[09:24] Snapdragon: Jesus christ
[09:24] Matt W: no, my name is matt. thanks for the upgrade tho

I finally own a 4 banger turbo, but it's a Mk7 Golf R :pardon:

occasional demons
Master Neon Mechanic

Post by occasional demons » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:23 pm

Copied to 2gn.org meets page, FWIW.

Most folks that would go, are on here anyways...
- Bill

desmodromic wrote:You have to remember what's important here, while they make New humans everyday, they'll never make another Neon.
Skellibert wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:42 amThis is a daily by the way, not a track car or fun buggy.

PA ACR
Achievements Unlocked

Post by PA ACR » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:22 pm

occasional demons wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:23 pm Copied to 2gn.org meets page, FWIW.
Are guys still actually posting on there..... :shock:
I haven't even logged onto the site ever since FB became popular.
My True Story:
My older sister/husband sent me a selfie of them taking a test ride in a newer Corvette. They posted, "Going for a joy ride in our "dream car"
I immediately posted back......" Why dream small, I can put you in the driver's seat of a neon for a fraction of the price".......

U-Pulls are like a box of Chocolates.......you never know what you're going to find...... ;)

Oldest GUY on the .ORG with an ACR, a NYG, AND a R/T

PA ACR
Achievements Unlocked

Post by PA ACR » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:22 pm

I'd love to attend one of these someday, but just a tad too far for me to make a one day meet which only lasts a few hours...... :nea:

Of course, I could probably visit about 4 or 5 friends and make a 2 week trip out of it....... :good:
My True Story:
My older sister/husband sent me a selfie of them taking a test ride in a newer Corvette. They posted, "Going for a joy ride in our "dream car"
I immediately posted back......" Why dream small, I can put you in the driver's seat of a neon for a fraction of the price".......

U-Pulls are like a box of Chocolates.......you never know what you're going to find...... ;)

alpinegreenneon
Super Moderator

Post by alpinegreenneon » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:26 pm

No 1st gens at the MN yards. :sorry:
I'm closer (3 hours away) but still not planning to go. :dunno:
Case

98 Sport Coupe DOHC Alpine Green ATX stock
98 Sport Coupe DOHC Amethyst ATX to MTX swap
95 NYG ACR Coupe (restored)
03 Dakota QC 4.7 4x4 ATX Patriot Blue stock (Sold)
16 Dart SE 2.0L Laser Blue Pearl stock
16 Dart SXT 2.0L TorRed stock
18 Ram 1500 standard cab 3.6L Delmonico Red stock

occasional demons
Master Neon Mechanic

Post by occasional demons » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:40 am

Midnight Rider on 2gn would go to Jake's meets, so that's about the only reason I posted it over there.
- Bill

desmodromic wrote:You have to remember what's important here, while they make New humans everyday, they'll never make another Neon.
Skellibert wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:42 amThis is a daily by the way, not a track car or fun buggy.

PA ACR
Achievements Unlocked

Post by PA ACR » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:19 pm

occasional demons wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:40 am Midnight Rider on 2gn would go to Jake's meets, so that's about the only reason I posted it over there.
Anybody hear from Midnight lately. I got to be pretty good friends with him at Carlisle. We were usually two of a few neon people who hung around on Sunday mornings to see who won awards. We talked several times for a few hours. He gave, yes gave, me the entire "back seat" package from a 2001 Motorsports Edition neon. Since there were I believe only 87 sold, I would have to think there are very few of these compete packages remaining. I kind of lost contact with him after that .org April Fool's Joke. I really felt bad for him and I'm pretty sure he never returned to Carlisle after that.
My True Story:

PA ACR
Achievements Unlocked

Post by PA ACR » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:21 pm

I hate to hijack this tread....but at least the comments are keeping it bumped to the top...... :good:
My True Story:

NickKo
Global Moderator

Post by NickKo » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:48 pm

PA ACR wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:21 pm I hate to hijack this tread....but at least the comments are keeping it bumped to the top...... :good:
Don't feel bad. :smile: It will help to keep this thread active....

As for myself, I have been wanting to / threatening to go to one of these MN. meets for years.
Maybe this will be the year I finally go.

- Nick
-1998 2-dr SOHC MTX= 52mm TB; Maddog STS
-1999 4-dr DOHC ATX= went to car heaven (junkyard)
-2000 Ply.LX with MTX = Maddog STS; CAI; R/T muffler + Header
-2001 Ddg.ES ATX = UDP, Magnum Header; + Syked PCM 'pending'

-1971 Ply.Scamp SL6cyl. ('Horse Traded' away)
-1968 Chry.300 w/440 V8 (sold)
"MoPar or No Car"

dhampir
Neon Enthusiast

Post by dhampir » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:55 pm

NickKo wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:48 pm
PA ACR wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:21 pm I hate to hijack this tread....but at least the comments are keeping it bumped to the top...... :good:
Don't feel bad. :smile: It will help to keep this thread active....

As for myself, I have been wanting to / threatening to go to one of these MN. meets for years.
Maybe this will be the year I finally go.

- Nick
there's no hookers and cocaine, so don't get your hopes up
everyone runs faster with a knife

loserlee
Site Supporter

Post by loserlee » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:34 am

Wow, wasn't expecting any kind of response to this post, haha!
MN Spring meet normally gets a good turnout, hope this year is the same.

occasional demons
Master Neon Mechanic

Post by occasional demons » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:48 pm

PA ACR wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:19 pm
occasional demons wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:40 am Midnight Rider on 2gn would go to Jake's meets, so that's about the only reason I posted it over there.
Anybody hear from Midnight lately. I got to be pretty good friends with him at Carlisle. We were usually two of a few neon people who hung around on Sunday mornings to see who won awards. We talked several times for a few hours. He gave, yes gave, me the entire "back seat" package from a 2001 Motorsports Edition neon. Since there were I believe only 87 sold, I would have to think there are very few of these compete packages remaining. I kind of lost contact with him after that .org April Fool's Joke. I really felt bad for him and I'm pretty sure he never returned to Carlisle after that.
The last time he posted on 2gn was March 26. "Last active" is a blank, which is a bit odd in itself.

He was pretty upset about the April fools joke, but in reality, it was already happening. neon parts have been becoming pretty scarce since FCA took things over.

He bought a ton of parts, burning up all his spare cash. He is pretty OCD about only using factory parts, and keeping it pristine. Even on stuff that could be easily repaired, or cleaned up, it gets tossed or he tries to sell it and puts brand new on.

He took a leave from posting on the forum a while back, but eventually returned.

He already hinted that he would not be at Carlisle again this year.
- Bill

Snapdragon
Server Administrator

Post by Snapdragon » Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:09 pm

It's kinda hard to bump something that's set to already be at the top of every page of the forum :lol:

PA ACR
Achievements Unlocked

Post by PA ACR » Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:27 pm

Snapdragon wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:09 pm
It's kinda hard to bump something that's set to already be at the top of every page of the forum :lol:
:blush:

Well if that's the case,then......I guess I'll just keep hijacking it.... :good:
My True Story:

PA ACR
Achievements Unlocked

Post by PA ACR » Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:40 pm

occasional demons wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:48 pm He already hinted that he would not be at Carlisle again this year.
I offered to help him out with some expenses if he was short on cash, but I know he's too proud to accept a handout. Hope he makes it back sometime soon before a lot of the neon crowd slowly fades away. I was going to stop into his place on my way to a N2K. He lives right off the beltway around Indy and real close to the speedway.
My True Story:

Midnight Rider
Neon Enthusiast

Post by Midnight Rider » Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:37 pm

The two annual meets that Jake used to have were, along with Carlisle, the highlights of each year for me. I am really glad that OD posted this up on 2gn; otherwise, I wouldn't have known about it. Weather permitting, I plan to be there in Burnsville. In fact, I already have the day before the meet off from work to drive up.

PA ACR, I appreciate the nice comments. Thank you!

NickKo, if I can drive from Indianapolis, you should be able to make this meet! :smile:
2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4, Stage 2 with Toys- original owner!

PA ACR
Achievements Unlocked

Post by PA ACR » Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:53 pm

Midnight Rider wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:37 pm PA ACR, I appreciate the nice comments. Thank you!
You earned every one of them. I'm sure I speak for every neon owner who attends Carlisle, "WE ALL MISS YOU" :good:
My True Story:

Midnight Rider
Neon Enthusiast

Post by Midnight Rider » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:38 pm

I have missed attending Carlisle as well. The April Fool's parts "press release" didn't affect my attending the weekend, just haven't had the finances to afford it for several years.

Back on topic, I posted in hopes that it might spur others to attend the Burnsville meet. I hope to meet a lot of new (to me) Neon owners.

PA ACR
Achievements Unlocked

Post by PA ACR » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:26 pm

Midnight Rider wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:38 pm I have missed attending Carlisle as well.
I don't know if you've heard/read, but I did get my NYG. I remember the one year, just the two of us were just sitting around early on Sunday morning talking under the 2nd GN tent and a nice NYG drove up. A small crowd quickly gathered around it drooling. I remember the two of us telling each other that one day we would own one.
My True Story:

Midnight Rider
Neon Enthusiast

Post by Midnight Rider » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:25 pm

I'm happy that you got one. I have pics stored on my hard drive of the one we saw that day- it was a beauty. Keeping my SRT in bling pretty much means that there isn't a NYG in my future though.

Let's hope that the weather there in Burnsville three weeks from today will be better than it has been today.

occasional demons
Master Neon Mechanic

Post by occasional demons » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:17 am

This has 125 views on 2gn. I'm kind of surprised. No replies, which isn't a surprise.... But at least there is enough interest to at least look at it. :good:
- Bill

Snapdragon
Server Administrator

Post by Snapdragon » Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:19 pm

Search engines drive up views too.

lilviper
Neon Enthusiast

Post by lilviper » Thu May 02, 2019 2:35 am

Ill see if i can come. Gotta get the srt out of storage anyway. Its been to wabasso like twice in 3 years. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

(\___/)
( ='.'= )
(")__(") This is Bunny.
Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Midnight Rider
Neon Enthusiast

Post by Midnight Rider » Thu May 09, 2019 11:56 pm

Let's hope that Mother Nature is satisfied with her last winter fling Wednesday night. I have to let my supervisor know a week from today whether or not I'm attending this meet; otherwise, I have to work.

lilviper
Neon Enthusiast

Post by lilviper » Fri May 10, 2019 12:16 am

I have to work and Sunday my buddy is graduating from law school, so i have to drag the family up there, they wont fit in the neon. :(

(\___/)
( ='.'= )
(")__(") This is Bunny.

Midnight Rider
Neon Enthusiast

Post by Midnight Rider » Wed May 15, 2019 10:07 pm

Well, I put off making a decision as long as I could... I had to give notice to my supervisor as to whether or not I would be taking time off this weekend and, with the bad weather forecasts I've seen, I'm going to skip this meet. Please keep me informed about future meets!

loserlee
Site Supporter

Post by loserlee » Fri May 17, 2019 7:27 am

LOCATION CHANGE DUE TO THE FORECAST OF RAIN ALL DAY: 16775 Kenrick Avenue Lakeville, MN 55044

Due to the possibility of rain and thunderstorms all day, we have changed the location from Burnsville Center to the Park and Ride ramp in Lakeville. Address is above. Not sure what we'll do for lunch, but probably cruise somewhere as a group which could be fun.

PA ACR
Achievements Unlocked

Post by PA ACR » Fri May 17, 2019 8:15 am

loserlee wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 7:27 am Due to the possibility of rain and thunderstorms all day, we have changed the location from Burnsville Center to the Park and Ride ramp in Lakeville.
In that case, I think I'm going to pass on this one............ :wink:

:lol:
My True Story:

Midnight Rider
Neon Enthusiast

Post by Midnight Rider » Fri May 17, 2019 7:37 pm

I hope that everyone who can make it has a good time and can keep dry.

Are there meets like this at other times during the year? I still have my itinerary made up and could probably make one with enough notice to get time off from work.

PA ACR
Achievements Unlocked

Post by PA ACR » Fri May 17, 2019 8:37 pm

Midnight Rider wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 7:37 pm Are there meets like this at other times during the year?
Carlisle........ :wink:
My True Story:

Midnight Rider
Neon Enthusiast

Post by Midnight Rider » Sat May 18, 2019 3:25 am

PA ACR wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 8:37 pm
Midnight Rider wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 7:37 pm Are there meets like this at other times during the year?
Carlisle........ :wink:
I meant MN meets. I'll make another Carlisle some day.

Midnight Rider
Neon Enthusiast

Post by Midnight Rider » Wed May 22, 2019 10:28 pm

So, what happened? Who made it to the meet? Any pics?

loserlee
Site Supporter

Post by loserlee » Thu May 30, 2019 1:53 pm

I did not take any photos myself.. but these were pulled from the Minnesota Neons facebook page. Credit goes to Heidi Henry.
60347031_10157302875465984_2891326976704905216_n.jpg
60348510_10157302875195984_5499394417787666432_n.jpg
60351634_10157302875370984_8583497849067536384_n.jpg
60358107_10157302875590984_4330158522856636416_n.jpg
60382074_10157302875220984_9159364929516470272_n.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

loserlee
Site Supporter

Post by loserlee » Thu May 30, 2019 1:53 pm

I did not take any photos myself.. but these were pulled from the Minnesota Neons facebook page. Credit goes to Heidi Henry.
60391391_10157302875660984_8995242825998139392_n.jpg
60434204_10157302875460984_1662617381135974400_n.jpg
60446768_10157302875045984_6510385472512983040_n.jpg
60483088_10157302875360984_969942171081768960_n.jpg
60561790_10157302875040984_62065133580451840_n.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

loserlee
Site Supporter

Post by loserlee » Thu May 30, 2019 1:54 pm

60602444_10157302875255984_8000353118334222336_n.jpg
60661095_10157302875080984_7920629029147770880_n.jpg
60675302_10157302875010984_8457382100130070528_n.jpg
60760100_10157302875180984_1641683233793900544_n.jpg
61052729_10157302875560984_6057236469683060736_n.jpg

Snapdragon
Server Administrator

Post by Snapdragon » Thu May 30, 2019 11:37 pm

occasional demons wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:48 pmHe was pretty upset about the April fools joke, but in reality, it was already happening. neon parts have been becoming pretty scarce since FCA took things over.
I never expected people to take that joke so personally. We haven't done one on this forum since. Just adds to the axiom that you cannot believe what you see on the Internet.

lilviper
Neon Enthusiast

Post by lilviper » Fri May 31, 2019 12:56 am

Maybe some other time. My neons still in storage. Lol the weather has made it damned near impossible to get to it.

(\___/)
( ='.'= )
(")__(") This is Bunny.

Midnight Rider
Neon Enthusiast

Post by Midnight Rider » Fri May 31, 2019 1:08 am

Snapdragon wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 11:37 pm
occasional demons wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:48 pmHe was pretty upset about the April fools joke, but in reality, it was already happening. neon parts have been becoming pretty scarce since FCA took things over.
I never expected people to take that joke so personally. We haven't done one on this forum since. Just adds to the axiom that you cannot believe what you see on the Internet.
Yeah, I fell for that one hook, line and sinker. In retrospect, I should have known it was an April Fool's but I didn't and will admit that I got pretty ticked off when I found out that it was just a joke. Oh well, water under the bridge.

Thanks for posting the photos. I am not on FB nor do I plan to be in the future.

I seriously was planning to drive up for the meet; in fact, I had been given the time off from work and had made my motel reservation in Bloomington and created a round-trip route on Streets & Trips. But my SRT is very spoiled... no driving in rain and DEFINITELY not in snow.

I would like to attend a meet there when you have one in the future. I already have my itinerary made up!

PA ACR
Achievements Unlocked

Post by PA ACR » Fri May 31, 2019 6:10 am

Looks like almost as many cars as a N2K meet. My plans are to make 2 more N2K's making it a glorious 16 year continuous run 2005-2020. After that, it will just be local car shows and Carlisle in July every year as long as my health holds out and a neon is still running.
My True Story:

Return to “Midwest”