Free - Four 1Gen Bubble Hubcaps (Factory)

The For Sale - Parts Board is for selling any and all NEON ONLY parts.
Forum rules
For Sale Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING!
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=303347

How to post pictures.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=388551

If you cannot follow these rules, your post will be deleted. Thanks for reading and following these rules.
ThorOtheBIG
Neon Enthusiast

Free - Four 1Gen Bubble Hubcaps (Factory)

Post by ThorOtheBIG » Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:13 pm

Hey all,

I used to frequent these forums, but have long since gotten rid of my 1gen Neon. While cleaning out storage, I found four factory bubble hubcaps. I'm not going to put in any effort to list these or sell them on ebay, offerup, etc. especially since these vehicles are getting to be quite rare and I don't think anyone really desires these hubcaps. I figured I would post here and maybe they can go to a good enthusiast's home. Shipping charges is all that I request you pay. If anyone is interested, please reach out to me and I can send pics and a shipping quote.

Thank you all for you support during my time as a owner. I do hope to get a 1gen in the future, lift it, and put a 2.4 in it.

thor o the big (at) yahoo (dot) com

Thanks!
Bo

2014 Mazda5, 2.5L w/ 6-speed. Damond Racing motor mounts; Koni Yellows; H&R Springs

occasional demons
Master Neon Mechanic

Re: Free - Four 1Gen Bubble Hubcaps (Factory)

Post by occasional demons » Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:21 pm

If they are in good shape, I'm sure someone will want them.

If they are white, I think those were less common than the silver ones.

The '96 we sold had the silver ones.

Tom (PA ACR) may post them on FB marketplace if you don't have FB, and can send him pics. (If he sees this, or you PM him...)
- Bill

desmodromic wrote:You have to remember what's important here, while they make New humans everyday, they'll never make another Neon.
Skellibert wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:42 amThis is a daily by the way, not a track car or fun buggy.

PA ACR
Achievements Unlocked

Post by PA ACR » Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:29 am

Waiting for directions.......... :bye:

Don't know if it would make a difference but I'm sure nobody wants to pay shipping and then find out they are the wrong color....silver or white....... :dunno:
My True Story:
My older sister/husband sent me a selfie of them taking a test ride in a newer Corvette. They posted, "Going for a joy ride in our "dream car"
I immediately posted back......" Why dream small, I can put you in the driver's seat of a neon for a fraction of the price".......

U-Pulls are like a box of Chocolates.......you never know what you're going to find...... ;)

Oldest GUY on the .ORG with an ACR, a NYG, AND a R/T

ThorOtheBIG
Neon Enthusiast

Post by ThorOtheBIG » Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:17 am

Alpinegreen reached out to me via email, though I am not sure that they will take them.

They are white with, what I would say, gunmetal center caps. I didn't know they came in different colors.

Bo

2014 Mazda5, 2.5L w/ 6-speed. Damond Racing motor mounts; Koni Yellows; H&R Springs

ThorOtheBIG
Neon Enthusiast

Post by ThorOtheBIG » Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:03 am

Alpinegreen has passed on these. Anyone want them? They're dirty and one is pretty scuffed around the edge, but they're free! Just need to pay the shipping. I suppose if no one takes them here then I'll just take them to Goodwill or something. I don't see enough of these cars on the road, so i cant flag down an owner lol
Bo

occasional demons
Master Neon Mechanic

Post by occasional demons » Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:51 pm

I think they would make fine wall ornaments.

Not sure what shipping would be from AZ to OH though...

Being I will be unemployed in two months, frivolous spending probably isn't the wisest thing to do at the moment. :/
- Bill

desmodromic wrote:You have to remember what's important here, while they make New humans everyday, they'll never make another Neon.
Skellibert wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:42 amThis is a daily by the way, not a track car or fun buggy.

PA ACR
Achievements Unlocked

Post by PA ACR » Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:18 pm

ThorOtheBIG wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:03 am Alpinegreen has passed on these. Anyone want them? They're dirty and one is pretty scuffed around the edge, but they're free! Just need to pay the shipping.
give me a day or two to get back...I might know somebody who would want them. If they're scuffed (pretty hard to tell the difference between dirt/scoffs from the pic), they probably won't be much good to anybody unless the person needs to replace one or two of the ones they already own with something better. Like Bill posted, scoffed caps aren't much good other than garage wall decorations. My guess is around $20 to ship them..... :dunno:
My True Story:
My older sister/husband sent me a selfie of them taking a test ride in a newer Corvette. They posted, "Going for a joy ride in our "dream car"
I immediately posted back......" Why dream small, I can put you in the driver's seat of a neon for a fraction of the price".......

U-Pulls are like a box of Chocolates.......you never know what you're going to find...... ;)

PA ACR
Achievements Unlocked

Post by PA ACR » Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:26 pm

ThorOtheBIG wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:03 am Alpinegreen has passed on these. Anyone want them? They're dirty and one is pretty scuffed around the edge, but they're free!
Thanks for throwing them up here on the org. The edge on the bottom right one does look pretty scuffed up.......unfortunately very very very few neon owners are still running 14" steel wheels/caps anymore.
My True Story:

ThorOtheBIG
Neon Enthusiast

Post by ThorOtheBIG » Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:18 am

occasional demons wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:51 pm I think they would make fine wall ornaments.

Not sure what shipping would be from AZ to OH though...

Being I will be unemployed in two months, frivolous spending probably isn't the wisest thing to do at the moment. :/
Sorry to hear about your job. My previous position was outsourced earlier this year. I have since found a much better position. I wish you luck. Shoot me your address and I'll get a shipping quote. If it isn't very expensive, and if no one wants these caps, then I'll pay for the shipping myself :grin:
PA ACR wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:18 pm
ThorOtheBIG wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:03 am Alpinegreen has passed on these. Anyone want them? They're dirty and one is pretty scuffed around the edge, but they're free! Just need to pay the shipping.
give me a day or two to get back...I might know somebody who would want them. If they're scuffed (pretty hard to tell the difference between dirt/scoffs from the pic), they probably won't be much good to anybody unless the person needs to replace one or two of the ones they already own with something better. Like Bill posted, scoffed caps aren't much good other than garage wall decorations. My guess is around $20 to ship them..... :dunno:
I'll clean up the hubcaps and post a new picture later today.
Bo

ThorOtheBIG
Neon Enthusiast

Post by ThorOtheBIG » Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:55 am

Okay, here is a shot of them cleaned up. Now that I see them clean... Yikes! looks like maybe only one of them would be usable (top right). The top left one could probably touched up.

Anyway, I have a couple of addresses that I am going to get shipping quotes for later today.

Bo

ThorOtheBIG
Neon Enthusiast

Post by ThorOtheBIG » Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:45 pm

Okay, both interested parties passed after seeing the shipping quote - and I don't blame them!

Shipping ranged from $52 to $60 (eastern US states)!!!!

IDK maybe I can find a junkyard with Neons around here that might be interested in taking them off my hands. I'd hate to toss these in the dumpster. Any ideas?
Bo

alpinegreenneon
Super Moderator

Post by alpinegreenneon » Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:10 pm

If you are near the next N2K, bring them along. Package size as well as weight can make shipping crazy expensive. Things like priority mail don't help. Go for first class parcel service. PayPal shipping is always less than going to the post office but you need a good way to weigh your package.
Case

98 Sport Coupe DOHC Alpine Green ATX stock
98 Sport Coupe DOHC Amethyst ATX to MTX swap
95 NYG ACR Coupe (restored)
03 Dakota QC 4.7 4x4 ATX Patriot Blue stock (Sold)
16 Dart SE 2.0L Laser Blue Pearl stock
16 Dart SXT 2.0L TorRed stock
18 Ram 1500 standard cab 3.6L Delmonico Red stock

Midnight Rider
Neon Enthusiast

Post by Midnight Rider » Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:24 am

That sounds like the best idea.
2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4, Stage 2 with Toys- original owner!

Return to “For Sale - Parts”