CLAIMED! - Give Away to Good Home - 1996 4-door Fairfax VA

The For Sale - Cars Board is for selling full Neons or shells. It is NOT for parts cars or parting-out cars. Please remember these
boards are for NEON ONLY content.
Forum rules
- When posting a car for sale in this area, in the subject line you need to include the location.

- When building your 'ad' be sure to include: Location, Model, Engine, Color, Year, Mods, Mileage,Price, Problems, Head gasket Replacement, Timing Belt Replacement etc.

- If your car sells, please update your post/subject line to indicate its been sold. You are able to edit your own posts.

- No "Want to Buy" posts in this forum. There is a forum dedicated for that already.

- No Non-Neon cars. The only cars allowed for sale here are 1st Gen Neons, 2nd Gen Neons and SRT-4's

- We reserve the right to lock posts or remove them if the information above isn't in the post. We are trying to make it better for you to sell your car and make as much as you can on the deal.

- User posts which make comments on price (too much/too low) will be deleted and user given a warning. Dont like the price? Don't buy it, don't comment on it.

Posts not conforming to rules WILL BE REMOVED
NoVaNeon
New

CLAIMED! - Give Away to Good Home - 1996 4-door Fairfax VA

Post by NoVaNeon » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:04 am

Halloween Update:

Thanks for all the helpful replies, everyone, and for reaching out to Jerry. He contacted me this morning and will take the Neon next week or weekend.

I am SO glad he'll rescue it from a pick 'n' pull demise - the lil' car deserves better after faithfully serving me for years and then getting three sons through college!

- Rich

==================================

I hate to admit it, but I've reached the point where I can't hold on to my trusty ol' Neon. I'd much rather see it go to someone who wants to work on it (or has a teenager who likes to work on cars) than the graveyard. So if you live in or near Fairfax, Virginia - or can get here - this guy is yours. Act quick, the tow truck is scheduled to take it away next week if I can't get some interest here.

Sorry that I don't know all the correct terminology, but this is a '96 5-speed, 2.0 Liter, 128,000 miles. Engine ran fine until about a year ago, when the fuel pump froze. Will also need a new gas tank, which sprang a leak last week, and a paint job.

Welcome to call with any questions or if you're interested: 703-371-9635, name is Rich, and I'm the original owner.

Last edited by NoVaNeon on Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
1996 Plymouth Neon 5-speed, 4-door

occasional demons
Master Neon Mechanic

Re: Give Away to Good Home - 1996 4-door Fairfax VA

Post by occasional demons » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:55 am

I would hope you have some hits. I am too far away, but I'm sure there are people closer that would show interest.

If everything except the fuel tank and pump are intact, it is a pretty easy fix, other than putting a fresh timing belt and water pump in it, assuming that is still in one piece.
- Bill

desmodromic wrote:You have to remember what's important here, while they make New humans everyday, they'll never make another Neon.
Skellibert wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:42 amThis is a daily by the way, not a track car or fun buggy.

PA ACR
Achievements Unlocked

Post by PA ACR » Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:02 pm

Hmmmmmmmm...........tempting.

I have a sister who lives in Fairfax
My True Story:
My older sister/husband sent me a selfie of them taking a test ride in a newer Corvette. They posted, "Going for a joy ride in our "dream car"
I immediately posted back......" Why dream small, I can put you in the driver's seat of a neon for a fraction of the price".......

U-Pulls are like a box of Chocolates.......you never know what you're going to find...... ;)

Oldest GUY on the .ORG with an ACR, a NYG, AND a R/T

Snapdragon
Server Administrator

Post by Snapdragon » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:57 am

Isn't there a mod who lives like .. right near there? doerun?
[09:24] Snapdragon: Jesus christ
[09:24] Matt W: no, my name is matt. thanks for the upgrade tho

I finally own a 4 banger turbo, but it's a Mk7 Golf R :pardon:

PA ACR
Achievements Unlocked

Post by PA ACR » Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:37 am

Snapdragon wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:57 am Isn't there a mod who lives like .. right near there? doerun?
I would have to say no....Fairfax,VA is a suburb on the southwest side of Washington DC. There were a few neon folks in that area who were members of the org, but like everyone else they have grown older and moved on...... :sad:

Doerun/Darian and Mark Lawson live near Martinville, VA about 4 hours away. Darian moved to Grand Rapids, MI
My True Story:
My older sister/husband sent me a selfie of them taking a test ride in a newer Corvette. They posted, "Going for a joy ride in our "dream car"
I immediately posted back......" Why dream small, I can put you in the driver's seat of a neon for a fraction of the price".......

U-Pulls are like a box of Chocolates.......you never know what you're going to find...... ;)

occasional demons
Master Neon Mechanic

Post by occasional demons » Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:02 am

INVUJerry might be the next closest person, and he might take it. He would have room for it. But I am not sure how to get a hold of him other than PM, and hope he has notifications turned on...

He might be on FB though. Jerry Johnson I believe is his actual name.
- Bill

desmodromic wrote:You have to remember what's important here, while they make New humans everyday, they'll never make another Neon.
Skellibert wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:42 amThis is a daily by the way, not a track car or fun buggy.

PA ACR
Achievements Unlocked

Post by PA ACR » Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:48 am

occasional demons wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:02 am INVUJerry might be the next closest person, and he might take it. He would have room for it. But I am not sure how to get a hold of him other than PM, and hope he has notifications turned on...

He might be on FB though. Jerry Johnson I believe is his actual name.
Yea, that's his name.....and he's on FB occasionally. He moved several years ago from Baltimore to near the border in PA near Hanover. I talk to him every year at Carlisle. I'll see if I can contact him on FB. He doesn't post much anymore. I'm not sure of his present situation (not sure if he still has access to a trailer/dolly) , but he has a NYG which he hasn't worked on in many many years and I believe the only neon he owns...did have a SRT-4 which he sold.
My True Story:

PA ACR
Achievements Unlocked

Post by PA ACR » Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:04 am

Just messaged him....see what happens. He has a really big circle of neon friends so he might know somebody who wants it..... :dunno:
My True Story:

INVUJerry
Neon Enthusiast

Post by INVUJerry » Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:08 am

Hey everyone! I’m still in the neon game, I usually check the forum once a day while I’m at work and if I’m not busy.

Rich, I am available Tuesday I believe, I can be by with my van and tow dolly. I’ll give you a call!
Jerry’s Home for Wayard Neons

PA ACR
Achievements Unlocked

Post by PA ACR » Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:35 am

INVUJerry wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:08 am Rich, I am available Tuesday I believe, I can be by with my van and tow dolly. I’ll give you a call!
:good:
My True Story:

INVUJerry
Neon Enthusiast

Post by INVUJerry » Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:36 am

PA ACR wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:35 am
INVUJerry wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:08 am Rich, I am available Tuesday I believe, I can be by with my van and tow dolly. I’ll give you a call!
Thanks again for the PM Tom, I still have a bunch of neons here. I’ve been getting progress done on projects left and right.

INVUJerry
Neon Enthusiast

Re: CLAIMED! - Give Away to Good Home - 1996 4-door Fairfax VA

Post by INVUJerry » Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:35 am

I forgot to snap a pic, but I met Rich on Saturday and picked up the neon with my 89 Caravan. Rich was exceedingly pleasant to meet and talk with. I hope you’re going to be able to focus on that mustang project soon!

PA ACR
Achievements Unlocked

Re: CLAIMED! - Give Away to Good Home - 1996 4-door Fairfax VA

Post by PA ACR » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:47 am

INVUJerry wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:35 am I forgot to snap a pic, but I met Rich on Saturday and picked up the neon with my 89 Caravan. Rich was exceedingly pleasant to meet and talk with. I hope you’re going to be able to focus on that mustang project soon!
Another one saved from the crusher...... :yes:
My True Story:

Return to “For Sale - Cars”