PT cruiser turbo 2.4 into 98 rt

The Engine Swap Board is for detailed discussions of all types of powerplant replacement, including 2.4 swaps, Magnum swaps, and SOHC / DOHC swaps. Please refer all general maintenance and repair questions to the General Forums above.
russb wa
Neon Enthusiast

PT cruiser turbo 2.4 into 98 rt

Post by russb wa » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:01 pm

PT cruiser 2.4T with PCM acquired in a trade, but don't know if I really want it. Question is will it fit into a first gen. Please tell me what to do. :scratch:

PA ACR
Achievements Unlocked

Re: PT cruiser turbo 2.4 into 98 rt

Post by PA ACR » Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:21 pm

Lots of info here on the .org. It will fit....some things will need modifications....motor mounts, some brackets for accessories, intake, mods for intercooler/intercooler piping, etc.
My True Story:
My older sister/husband sent me a selfie of them taking a test ride in a newer Corvette. They posted, "Going for a joy ride in our "dream car"
I immediately posted back......" Why dream small, I can put you in the driver's seat of a neon for a fraction of the price".......

U-Pulls are like a box of Chocolates.......you never know what you're going to find...... ;)

Oldest GUY on the .ORG with an ACR, a NYG, AND a R/T

mluckey
Site Supporter

Post by mluckey » Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:57 pm

PA ACR wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:21 pm Lots of info here on the .org. It will fit....some things will need modifications....motor mounts, some brackets for accessories, intake, mods for intercooler/intercooler piping, etc.
I used a 2004 PT auto as my donor......and just now realized that was over ten years ago!!! Time flies!!! Still driving it like someone else's stolen car :smile:

Mark
'95' ACR Coupe with SRT-4 swap
18 PSI to redline
So much to break, so little time....

russb wa
Neon Enthusiast

Post by russb wa » Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:59 pm

My age mid 70s and the fact I have to get ready for the move to the other side of the grass ...., but even so, if it weren't for the shop being small and filled with remnants of other projects .... if I had a clean slate with nothing else on the agenda ....

I guess I will use this for a motivator to get right and then maybe. But, I passed on it for now.

I still have a decent RT to drive, just not super fun.

PA ACR
Achievements Unlocked

Post by PA ACR » Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:46 am

russb wa wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:59 pm the fact I have to get ready for the move to the other side of the grass ....,
:scratch:
My True Story:
My older sister/husband sent me a selfie of them taking a test ride in a newer Corvette. They posted, "Going for a joy ride in our "dream car"
I immediately posted back......" Why dream small, I can put you in the driver's seat of a neon for a fraction of the price".......

U-Pulls are like a box of Chocolates.......you never know what you're going to find...... ;)

Oldest GUY on the .ORG with an ACR, a NYG, AND a R/T

Return to “Engine Swap”