Ring Gear Bolts

The Drivetrain and Driveline Board is for detailed discussions of all mechanical aspects of chassis performance, including transmission (standard or automatic) and clutch, differentials and axles, and Neon suspension systems. Please refer all general maintenance and repair questions to the General Forums above.
ladi3sman55
Neon Enthusiast

Ring Gear Bolts

Post by ladi3sman55 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:18 pm

I am trying to find new ring gear bolts. Part number 4761105. Dealers say they’re discontinued and I can’t seem to find any online. Anyone know where these can be sourced?
"Knowledge is Horsepower"

occasional demons
Master Neon Mechanic

Re: Ring Gear Bolts

Post by occasional demons » Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:01 am

5017180AA is the t350 part number (for 2001 through 2004, according to Mopar Parts Giant). But also disco'ed

The ATX part number is:
6501240 12 ECB DGL BOLT, Hex Head, M10x1.00x25 Disco'ed.

At least the parts catalog gives dimensions for that...

I am sort of surprised, (not really) that even those are disco'ed given the sheer number of 31th, 41te, and 40te atx's out there.

I'm sure a good trans rebuild shop would be able to source them, though they may not be genuine Mopar parts.

I re used mine when I put diff saver tabs in my '01. I just put some fresh loctite on them. They are not TTY, so other than thread locker, they should be safe to reuse. Unless the heads are rounded off...
- Bill

desmodromic wrote:You have to remember what's important here, while they make New humans everyday, they'll never make another Neon.
Skellibert wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:42 amThis is a daily by the way, not a track car or fun buggy.

Return to “Drivetrain,Driveline,Suspension”