Rebuilding and Installing a 2005 Dodge Neon Engine in 25 Minutes

Post Audio and Videos of your Neon. If your video has swearing of any type, please be sure to post a warning on it. All other neons.org rules apply as well.

Midnight Rider
Neon Enthusiast

Rebuilding and Installing a 2005 Dodge Neon Engine in 25 Minutes

Post by Midnight Rider » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:21 pm

This Neon has a cruise control kit, temperature/compass mirror and illuminated vanity visors purchased from me via eBay. Video is pretty impressive! :good:
2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4, Stage 2 with Toys- original owner!

Midnight Rider
Neon Enthusiast

Re: Rebuilding and Installing a 2005 Dodge Neon Engine in 25 Minutes

Post by Midnight Rider » Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:05 am

Another video from the same owner.

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4, Stage 2 with Toys- original owner!

occasional demons
Master Neon Mechanic

Re: Rebuilding and Installing a 2005 Dodge Neon Engine in 25 Minutes

Post by occasional demons » Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:05 pm

Ah, that annoying charge cable and starter solenoid wire running right through the center of the IM runners.

When I was playing around with IM's, I cut the solenoid wire, and installed a connector. I rerouted the charge wire so it did not go through the center of the IM anymore. Much better deal than the stock set up, if you are playing...

The solenoid connector at the solenoid will release no matter what, so that made it a logical choice. :grin: The red slide and release both work, but it has no intentions of letting go.
- Bill

desmodromic wrote:You have to remember what's important here, while they make New humans everyday, they'll never make another Neon.
Skellibert wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:42 amThis is a daily by the way, not a track car or fun buggy.

Return to “Multimedia”