Tim Coakley's Header Smack Down Results

The Engine Performance Board is for detailed discussions of all mechanical aspects of engine performance, including intake and
exhaust, cam and crankshaft, and all other technical aspects of the Neon powerplant. Please refer all general maintenance and repair questions to the General Forums above.
PA ACR
Achievements Unlocked

Tim Coakley's Header Smack Down Results

Post by PA ACR » Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:55 am

This event was streamed live on FB so I thought it would be valuable to document/save it here on the .org for future reference. I wasn't able to retrieve all of the comments posted by individuals because after hundreds/thousands of replies FB will not allow viewers to go back and see all the previous comments. However I was able to retrieve most of them.

Tim Coakley

Visual Storyteller · February 29 at 6:08 PM

Here's the Youtube link to the 4 hour video of the dyno pulls

So a week later I have finally gotten most of the headers measured and can finally get the data up. I will have individual graphs eventually of each header. The over lay graphs are of each header best numbers which was usually the 1st pull. Only the bdms and fast fabs and wrapped tti mid knocked out back to back good numbers.
Overall the collective data doesn’t show a clear cut winner with this setup. Only the eBay and pace setter was truly bad choices for this setup. The pacesetter has the worst port match and lost the most hp after the first run. Which I attribute in the video to maybe a reversion issue within the ports.
The break down/my .02
Pacesetter end of the day was the worst performer. I wouldn’t suggest it unless it was free. Also in this application was the worst fitting.
The eBay short tube was a decent performer considering it’s price. I would recommend it for a stock 2.0/2.4 swap with baby cams. Fitment was decent for what it was.
Tti mid (wrapped) I wanna say this header made best torque and was totally consistent on its numbers on 3 pulls. I contribute it to the wrapping. Overall this is a great header and definitely best short one available. Great fitment.
Kirk lth while this is the smallest of all the long tubes tested. I wouldn’t hesitate to run this up to 180whp setup. This is a great stock cam stock head header. It still allows room to grow if need be. Great fitment
Tti lth personally I’m not a fan of it. Tube to flange fitment is peanut, the Kirk made more torque and similar power. Honestly buy the obx/maximizer before the tti. These headers would probably support 180+ but at that point there’s better to be had. Great fitment
Obx lth modified tri y. This right here is a shocker. I don’t know who made it. But this “bastardized” header simply rocked on this setup. Best power and good area under the curve. If you wanna have a good header that should be good on a 2.0/2.4 with mild cams. This would be my choice for bang for the buck. Fairly decent fitment
Afx long tube. I was grossly disappointed with it vs everything else. Personally I feel like the 3” collector was half way responsible for the lack luster performance. It might do better with a better head. But ultimately it’s the worst fitting and heaviest of every header made.
Fast fabs v2? This is the header we have been running for 8 months. Street manners is nice and power seems good. Dyno backed it up. If you ever plan to grow with a well ported head and medium to large cams it’s a good fit. It was coated and the power and torque was always identical. Fitment could be better but not awful.
Black dog. Biggest baddest header of them all. It really seemed to do really well it recorded the second best numbers also made a really nice curve. This header is definitely a fan of big cams and a big head. Even still it made great power on this mild setup. Fitment was really good for its size.
Setup 03+ unknown mileage 2.4 na block with balance shafts, 01 pt head with os valves and backyard port work, crower s2 na 2.0 cams, stock srt intake unported, lfs 60mm tb, stock ngc computer tuned by me and no adjustments made for any header.

fastfab (teal) 179.4/181.9
eBay shorty (light blue) 165.3/168.8
tti (dark blue) 175.5/184.1
pacesetter (yellow) 172.4/181.6
Kirk (purple) 180/177.3
tti long (dark blue) 179.5/176
tri y (orange) 186.8/176.9
black dog (light blue) 185.6/181.5
AFX (yellow) 172/172.1

Sizes are listed as the following
Tube diameters, collector id/od, tube lengths longest and shortest.
Pacesetter 1.4” 2.2/2.5 10” primary
Afx 1.75 2.85/3 collector 26.5-28.5 primary
Tti lth 1.63 2.36/2.6 collector 24-26 primary
Obx modified 1.64/2.02 2.37/2.53 collector 14-15, step 15.5” primary
Bd 1.9 2.35/2.5 27-28” primary
Kirk 1.5 20.75-22 2.25
eBay 1.66 2.2/2.6 8.5-16 primary
Tti mid 1.63 11-13.5 2.36

My True Story:
My older sister/husband sent me a selfie of them taking a test ride in a newer Corvette. They posted, "Going for a joy ride in our "dream car"
I immediately posted back......" Why dream small, I can put you in the driver's seat of a neon for a fraction of the price".......

U-Pulls are like a box of Chocolates.......you never know what you're going to find...... ;)

Oldest GUY on the .ORG with an ACR, a NYG, AND a R/T

PA ACR
Achievements Unlocked

Re: Tim Coakley's Header Smack Down Results

Post by PA ACR » Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:04 am

Bradly Workman

Bradly Workman Jay Workman

Jaden Watroba Charles J Watroba

Levi G Pickett I got an eBay one what's the data in it?

Tim Coakley Levi G Pickett it’s not a bad header. Mild cams and stock engine it’s a good bang for the buck. You want more learn to weld and hack the peanut out of a obx long tube or buy a Kirk header if you have small cams. Past small cams you’ll want a better header and a ported head.

Levi G Pickett Ya I'm in the process of a rebuild on my car im doing egr delete porting the head 2.5 inch cat back new valves and pistons as well as a full rebuild kit i don't have a welder or even know how to weld because the header doesn't mount rite up and im kind of on a budget with life rite now but im looking into getting auto tb and cams

Lee Brunton

Jonathan Deleon U did awesome work there buddy

Tim Coakley Jonathan Deleon thanks.

JR Oliva Knew that custom tri-Y would be beast! Wonder if curve and numbers could be improved upon with runner adjustments 🤔

JR Oliva Ps thanks again for this amazing data posting/collection👊🏽

Tim Coakley JR Oliva maybe. I wouldn’t be against running it again on the new setup this year. Just to see how it fairs on a more aggressive setup.

JR Oliva what were the primary sizes?

Tim Coakley JR Oliva read the post. They’re listed 😎

JR Oliva Tim hahah! peanut my bad! Got all excited after reading the post thst I that skipped the ending to reply!🤣👍🏽

Tim Coakley JR Oliva no problem. I tired to keep it simple.

Tyler Rusnak Ide be curious if you hacked up a BDMS and made a try y out of it.

Tim Coakley Tyler Rusnak depends on the setup

Ryan Giesbrecht What cams did you use Tim Coakley? Also which headers are which in the picture??

Tim Coakley Ryan Giesbrecht crower s2 na I’ll edit it into the setup

Ryan Giesbrecht Damn i need to step up. My 2.4 ripped on stock cams.

Tim Coakley Ryan Giesbrecht stock cam 2.4 is slow imo. They don’t rock until you put cams in them.

Ryan Giesbrecht Tim Coakley ive got some crower regrinds laying around. I should throw them into my next one.

Tim Coakley Ryan Giesbrecht these mild cams really make for a really solid dd setup with power everywhere. With a bad driver on an unprepared track in a heavy 2g it went low 14s and gets 32+ mpg

Denny Verry Tim Coakley for a Daily Driver, on a 2.0 with a mild ported head, I absolutely Loved my Crane 18s, Mopar Mid tube header, MOPAR Performance pcm, and Apexi SAFC. It just ripped. Did everything well, and gave me no trouble.

Ian BeskowI this the modified obx you speak of?

Tim Coakley Ian Beskow yes which is why there’s a pic of it

Ian Beskow Tim Coakley makes me want to test my fab skills. I do a lot of exhaust work, I think I might be able to pull this off.

Tim Coakley Ian Beskow it’s a very basic and simple setup. Anyone with some stainless pipe and a decent welder could make it.

Erick Marin The mid range on the kirk is really good. Not sure how it will hold up with the current setup. 2.4 with 22 cranes, 10.5:1 je pistons, and ported to gaskets with indy mani.

Tim Coakley Erick Marin not enough header imo. It’s a great mild setup header tho.

Erick Marin Tim Coakley Which one do you think would work best for me? The black dog?

Tim Coakley Erick Marin black dog definitely would do ok. Fast fab would work really well too. Being cheap obx long tube would be my minimum for a header on that setup.

Erick Marin Tim Coakley Which one between the black dog and fast fab would you prefer as an overall? Regardless of price.

Tim Coakley Erick Marin both are hard to find and cost is comparable. Jamie Applegate and I will be making a header for the 200+ club here this spring. We had a prototype but I ran into fitment issues mainly because it was a last min curve ball we tossed together without a car.

Erick Marin Tim Coakley Curious to see what kind of numbers yours does! 💪

Tim Coakley Erick Marin it’ll be on a much closer to your setup.

Schueller Shayne You measuring the primaries as O.D.?

Tim Coakley Schueller Shayne yessir

David Carson Realize the Afx uses crazy thick tubing. So the ID is prob at least 1/8" less.

Tim Coakley David Carson correct. The thing feels like roll bar tubing

David Carson Yep, crazy thick. We used to call it a boat anchor.

Tim Coakley It’s a fitting term that’s for sure.

Schueller Shayne David Carson I'm going to need to build a 2" primary 4-1 soon, should pair up right with those 26's.

Schueller Shayne 4th from the left is the BD?

Tim Coakley Schueller Shayne yup

David Carson A 1.75" BD would have been nice to test. Prob 100+ of those produced. That 1.875" is much rarer. And then the handful of 2".

Tim Coakley I would have tested more but it’s hard to get people to willingly donate a header for testing.

David Carson Yeah, and the Blackdogs are mild steel. The coating was so so. They rusted away in winter weather areas.

Tim Coakley Interesting

Hugo Limas Aguilar Erick Cortez

Erick Cortez Hugo Limas Aguilar yo traía el Kirk LTH en el SOHC y en el swap 2.4 traía el stock de RT jaja me quedé muy, muy lejos de esos 180 whp

Hugo Limas Aguilar

Hugo Limas Aguilar El rico humillando al pobre xD

Jay Workman For what I'm doing (circle track) the kirk would probably be the best header for that setup. It's not about big impressive numbers but about coming out of the turns hard and carrying good power down the straightaway. My biggest concern using it is that I plan to be over 200 hp and I'm afraid it'll be less impressive up there.

Tim Coakley Jay Workman it’s not the header for over 200 end of the day

Jay Workman Tim Coakley yeh too small. I have 2 pacesetters that will be scrap now lol

Tim Coakley Jay Workman cheap would be the obx lth. Past that anything that’s long and big.

Jared Carlston Interesting info on that tri-Y. I'm leaning towards either modding the one on my car or starting from scratch when the cams go in.

Michael Crawford Please put this over on the .org so its not lost to Facebook

Tim Coakley Michael Crawford if someone wants to post it there go for it. My account couldn’t be recovered and I have zero desire to invest the effort into making a new one. I believe one of the admins will post it over there.

Stosh Beers Awesome work with great documentation. I was surprised by the results. Thanks for sharing

Tim Coakley Stosh Beers thanks. I tried to do a decent job with being consistent and documenting it all.

Stosh Beers Tim Coakley the bastardized obx header. Does the modifications look intentional or just kinda cobbled together.

Tim Coakley Stosh Beers whoever it was definitely made it intentionally

Tim Brewer Do you have access to the raw data? I'd be willing to take it and put all of this into a spreadsheet for graphing.

Tim Coakley Tim Brewer the actual dyno sheets?

Tim Brewer That or see if they can export the runs out as an excel or .csv - not really sure what they can do for output.

Tim Coakley Tim Brewer I can ask

David Carson I hope Dynocom has a reader software like Dynojet. Basically, the reason why I never use a different dyno. It's hard to properly compare data. Dynojet has their own file type.

Tim Coakley the afx header made 6hp less on this dyno than the dynojet it was on last time when I tuned it.

Tim Brewer I took all the graphs and traced them the best I could in Adobe Illustrator. It won't export to excel worth a crap though. The Kirk stomped the AFX everywhere. Hell, the Pacesetter made as much HP and MORE torque. Way back in the day I went from a Pacesetter to an AFX and timeslips showed no gains - guess I was right.

Tim Brewer Kirk vs AFX. Note, torque numbers might be off, they were hard to see.

David Carson The inner diameter is so small on the afx. Long primaries going to an excessively sized dump collector.

Tim Brewer It would probably perform pretty well with a merge collector welded on. Has anyone actually measured the wall thickness on one? I have seen .1" to .125" thrown around.

Tim Brewer short tubes

Tim Brewer Both TTis vs Kirk

Tim Brewer long tubes

Eric Krogstad I have a obx longtube on my 2.4 swap with small cams and it seems to do pretty decent

Tim Coakley Eric Krogstad it’s not bad. Tune dependent this is probably within 5hp of what it makes

Eric Krogstad Tim Coakley it's a mopar performance ECU, nothing crazy lol

Tim Coakley Eric Krogstad decent tune. Probably about 180whp

Eric Krogstad Tim Coakley I hope its 180, its 10:1 so it may be close

Tim Coakley Eric Krogstad my basic observation says those cams aren’t making over 190

Eric Krogstad Tim Coakley yeah I doubt it, the cams are killing it, crower s2.

Tyler Rusnak Awesome data, I'm curious considering I went from a tti longtube to a bdms on the supercharged car to see if that 5-6 hp/tq gain is broadened or lessened with boost.

Tim Coakley Tyler Rusnak it might be hard to tell how it will react

Tyler Rusnak I really need to take mine back to the dyno, main changes to my setup is the bdms, backyard ported head, crower S2 FI cams, and 3.55 trans.

Tim Coakley Tyler Rusnak should gain some power

Deborah StClair

Russ Miller Put some 22s in it and see what happens! :D
Do you remember me talking about, and posting pictures of how much I welded up and ported my Pacesetter before I ever ran it? It wasn't half bad after probably 10 hours of work.

Tim Coakley Russ Miller I don’t and it’s nearly impossible to find people who wanna part with big crane cams. Next engine will have crower 3/4 cams

Russ Miller I sold my 16s, 18s, and 22s. :(

Tim Coakley Russ Miller same here

Russ Miller I've got 12s still I think.

Tim Coakley Russ Miller tiny little guys

Russ Miller Stock with the paint removed...

Tim Coakley Russ Miller oof

Russ Miller LOL... Quality!

Russ Miller

Russ Miller

Tim Coakley Russ Miller maybe that’s why the pacesetter lost power after the first pull

Russ Miller

Russ Miller That plus cleaning up the collector was how I ran it. And it worked well. But the ports were horrible stock.

Tim Coakley T Russ Miller more effort than its worth

Russ Miller Weren't a lot of options then.

Russ Miller The weld lip around the port, the sealing surface, should tell you how much I had to open. It's about half as thick. And I took all the stamp kinks out. Good thing I could weld, and patiently port.

Josh Kolbach So, which one is getting sent somewhere to get copied now?

Darrell Amann I have decided I hate you and my bank hates u more now it's going to be the wife not me and she is bitching she needs the PayPal and start going

Jay Workman Wonder what a zoomie like header would do on a circle track car? I know it'd just be speculation but I'd think you'd lose some torque?

Tim Coakley Jay Workman no clue. Probably wouldn’t work as well on a small displacement engine with a fuel that isn’t oxygenated.

Deborah StClair Tim Coakley I just posted up the results and comments on the org. I'm working on trying to get all the photos posted, too viewtopic.php?f=8&t=422142...

Tim Coakley's Header Smack Down Results - neons.org
FORUMS.NEONS.ORG

Tim Coakley Deborah StClair thanks I appreciate the leg work.

Eric Yohman I guess I should start working on making my TTI LTH better

Eric Yohman Might use something like this

Russ Miller That's just plumb crazy right there.
My True Story:
My older sister/husband sent me a selfie of them taking a test ride in a newer Corvette. They posted, "Going for a joy ride in our "dream car"
I immediately posted back......" Why dream small, I can put you in the driver's seat of a neon for a fraction of the price".......

U-Pulls are like a box of Chocolates.......you never know what you're going to find...... ;)

occasional demons
Master Neon Mechanic

Post by occasional demons » Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:13 am

I don't know why there weren't more tri Y headers made for neons.

Maybe they just knew we are cheap bastids, and wouldn't pay the $30 to $50 extra.

This just backs up my never being much of a Pacesetter fan. :yes:
- Bill

desmodromic wrote:You have to remember what's important here, while they make New humans everyday, they'll never make another Neon.
Skellibert wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:42 amThis is a daily by the way, not a track car or fun buggy.

TimACRcoupe
Neon Enthusiast

Post by TimACRcoupe » Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:30 am

I am debating trying to make a Tri Y design out of a TTi or buying a Kirk based on the results. Either option should work a lot better than the AFX I have now.
1997 Neon ACR #42 FSP (autocross weapon)
2013 Mazda 3i Sedan (daily)
2014 WRX Sedan (wife's ride)
TVRSCCA / Twickenham Auto Club
http://www.teamtac.org

PA ACR
Achievements Unlocked

Post by PA ACR » Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:29 pm

Posts made during the dyno pulls

There were about 500 posts and FB will only allow me to view about half of them. Hopefully somebody/admins here or on FB can help me get access to them.

Tim Coakley · Thanks everyone for watching.

Russ Miller · Thanks for putting on the show!

Tim Coakley · Russ Miller no problem was my pleasure. I truly enjoyed doing it.

Tim Coakley · Rob Hubbard

Josh Kolbach · Is tim looking at any correction factors for the headers and comparing them? Either in the dyno or the tune?

Tim Coakley · Josh Kolbach no correction factor.

Tim Coakley · no tune changes ever.

Josh Kolbach · I knew you weren't changing the tune, but I didnt know if the computer was still adjusting at wot or not. Also, I know the dyno correction factor can play into things, so I wasn't sure what was going on there either.

Josh Kolbach · Maybe we can comment the best runs and label what header it is. Easy to document at that point.

Chris Rallo · i wish that'd been done

Tim Coakley · I have all the runs from the day and I have the best from each one.

Josh Kolbach · I'm geeking out at the numbers on this. Area under the curve is fascinating to see the differences between them.

Tim Coakley · Josh Kolbach dude it’s crazy. Everyone gets caught up on peak. But there was some shockers.

Josh Kolbach · In my applications, area under the curve is almost more important than peaks. Although, where peak is plays into that too. So headers moving the peaks up and down should matter to people too.

Tim Coakley · im hoping tomorrow I can put it all together and give my official opinion on the subject.

Matthew Neuforth · AS a heads up you might break that O2 from going super hot to outside air. Those things are brittle.

Devin Souza · True. But we should all chip in a few bucks to help him out.

Tim Coakley · Matthew Neuforth you’re the peanut that caused it to fail

Matthew Neuforth · I would never do 4 WOT pulls and throw it in 50F air. Lol. Shocked it to death.

Tim Coakley · Matthew Neuforth eh it’s getting replaced. Tossed it out and ran without. Car still ran great even driving it home lol. Ole tuned by tim tune was working well

Vitor Monica O'l · Too Long didn't Watch.. TLDW: results :) ?

Tim Coakley · Vitor Monica O'l thanks for the contribution too

Tyler Rusnak · I'm glad I had Tom Massel's Modified K frame/ front mount delete because I had to rock the motor to fit the blackdog

Robert Kenley · Crystal supposed to be making shirts... instead she’s recording dyno pulls while having a seizure

Darian Lawson · Made an announcement for a week or so. Neat stuff Tim Coakley Crystal Coakley and everyone else who had a hand in this. 25 years later and we are still experimenting and learning. Neon on!

Tim Coakley · Darian Lawson yup I think this was the largest header data ever put in one place. I wish I had a more radical setup to test on. But I felt it represents a majority of the 2.4 swaps

Darian Lawson · Good stuff. And I know what you mean but this does clear up the bickering when I comes to 99% of builds. We need to write it up and put up an exhaust shootout post on the .org

Tim Coakley · There’s a video on YouTube of the shootout. I still have to get the headers back home and measurements put together

Darian Lawson · Right on. We will get something together once you are settled down and this has died down a bit lol

Tyler Rusnak · Best thing for your single cam is a swap

Josh Kolbach · I'm surprised tim doesnt have wingnuts on the exhaust studs for this test.

Matthew Neuforth · That's genius.

Devin Souza · Matthew Neuforth that's actually a good idea.

Matthew Neuforth · Well I have to head out, Tim better send me a nice graph with these results!

Zak Bireley · I was happy to join in at the right time a few mins ago. the ebay one is what I have but not installed yet

Tim Coakley · Zak Bireley it’s a good header.

Josh Kolbach · Where is this dyno shop that this occurring and will tim offer tuning services for neons that show up there?

Tim Coakley · Josh Kolbach I will. You bring it here or if I’m in the area I’d tune for you.

Tyler Rusnak · So you guys doing 1 and done on each? or is that just because you already have dyno runs of the fast fabs?

Bradly Workman · Did she reply to this? I didn’t hear if she did. Got distracted

Bradly Workman · No I was replying to Tyler’s question about 1 and done or a few runs per?

Tim Coakley · 3 for each

Mason Cristoferi · I’m late to the party did you start with shorty,then mid length end with the long tube

Tim Coakley · Mason Cristoferi yes

Matthew Neuforth · Now do it with no headers, straight fireballs out of the head. No balls. No valves.

Viljami Koskinen · Has the body damage been repaired yet or is it in the future to do stuff?

Tyler Rusnak · That jack's wheel compared to the pit

Matthew Neuforth · Sketch

Kelly Hollister · I hope to see a nice chart with all the numbers for each header, and maybe a pic of each header so people that dont know what each one looks like, have something to compare to.

Michael Myrick
· Stupid voice text.... Lol
I was trying to say I will be working in Columbus Ohio all this coming up week..

Tim Coakley ·Michael Myrick me too all week

Josh Kolbach · The winning long tube should be copied, if not the top 2.

Jamie Applegate · We plan to

Devin Souza Plus the mid for people that need a mid over long

Tim Coakley · Devin Souza ebay is the best bang for the buck hands down. Tti mid is a great performer but not cheap. Past that long tube is where it’s at

Hugo Limas Aguilar · x Magnum intake on a 98 sohc for a daily works fine?

Matthew Large · Yeaaaaaa we gonna break that 200 mark for sure. Can't wait!!!

Russ Miller · 22s, good port work, that BDMS, tune... not too hard.

Matthew Large · Russ Miller yea i know. We made good numbers with sohc junk now going dohc in the racecar.

Josh Kolbach · Having crystal doing live commentary is priceless.

Josh Kolbach · Thanks again for being the Guinea pigs and testing all of these. The community owes you guys

Matthew Neuforth · You guys should try one of those exhaust systems on it that have the exhaust driven turbine that spins a shaft with a compressor wheel on it. I heard those make good power.

Dominic Becchelli · I was actually wondering if you were gonna try the pacesetter header

Josh Kolbach · Made close to the top for power, but made the most torque

Matthew Neuforth · When you walk outside put your hand in front of the camera and remove it, see if that fixes it

Josh Kolbach · Itd be interesting to do this with a 2.0 that revs more vs your 2.4. See where the differences are and what the gains/losses are.

Chris Rallo · Shape would about the same, just moved up the rev range

Josh Kolbach · It's like the nature valley granola bar of breakfast snacks

Devin Souza · Gross. Nature's bakery is the best.

Josh Kolbach · Nature valley granola bars are wonderful, but the mess goes everywhere. Regardless of how you try to eat it.

Devin Souza · Noo

Matthew Neuforth · Next time tie it to the muiffler, it's not like you're using that anyway.

Matthew Neuforth · Lol. Can't be worse than the Pacesetter which was shooting flames into the firewall

Matthew Neuforth · Ask Timmy boi if he's worried about burning the exhaust valves up lol

Matthew Neuforth · Ask Tim which head looks like it flows more, Andrew's or the one on your Neon?

Russ Miller · THAT'S THE ONE! :D

Josh Kolbach · How loud was the ride over?

Tim Coakley · deafening

Bradly Workman · Crystal is gonna be cool after this is over and post time stamps for each run right?

Devin Souza · More snack cake videos get more money
Jk. That was fast. Just sent it. Gotta butter Tim up so he can give me more good deals on stuff.

Devin Souza · I mean it wasn't Twinkies or anything

Devin Souza · That really makes me curious about my Mopar mid length now. And just drive it. I think I'm gonna just buy a wrapped long tube pending these results and

Tyler Rusnak · Thanks for the efforts!

Russ Miller · Love it!

Craig Webb · Lol I just talking trash hahahaha I actually talked to Tim on which ones I should get for my car. I got one that’s cracked and holding water lol

Tyler Rusnak · Well, I'm happy

Devin Souza · Tim's a lucky man. That's all I can say. Did Tim ever find a good clutch cable Crystal? I forgot to ask him.

Devin Souza · Lol low numbers. Duh. That's bad peanut and proves wrapping works. A mid doing better than a long tube is crazy.

Matthew Neuforth · I can only imagine what my last name was before my relatives immigrated lol

Devin Souza · Sorry. Watching with my 5 month old baby boy. He seems to enjoy it. (He's been infected by the Neon/Mopar 4 bug, his mom would call it a disease) He's smiling and bouncing around.

Devin Souza · The u is silent like Sammy Sosa but with a Z. Technically should be DeSouza but us immigration rules and chopping last names and peanut

Devin Souza · Sounds like Aaron Borgerding. Dude is legit Neon badass in Utah. He's the Utah Tim Coakley lol. Call him 5 Neons

Mason Cristoferi · Plus side for Jamie it’s not complete. Hack the collector make it a tri-y

Matthew Neuforth · The fourth from the right has my money

Josh Kolbach · Hey crystal, theres a jack handle therw

Josh Kolbach · You laugh, but they work great for this

Jamie Applegate · Fitment issues are just minor details

Matthew Neuforth · tHiS iS hOw yOu dOu SaRcAsM oN tHe weB

Zac Tyler McCleary · ... that's a... HORRIBLE spot to tie down at... Lol

Michael Myrick · I got a bigger hammer if you need it...lol

Michael Myrick · Just got back. Which one is doing best so far?

Josh Kolbach · It was in 2008

Josh Kolbach · I needs it. For reasons...

Josh Kolbach · Dont matter. Itll sell as an option

Josh Kolbach · Copy it!

Josh Kolbach · Tim is fast?

Josh Kolbach · Phrasing?

Josh Kolbach · This is the tti long?

Josh Kolbach · RIP phone microphone

Josh Kolbach · Quick, someone rewind the video!

Josh Kolbach · What rpm is tim starting the runs at?

Josh Kolbach · *wool boots

Josh Kolbach · Been live for 1 hour 45 minutes

Matthew Neuforth · You guys should log the AFR difference. O.O

Josh Kolbach · You're sitting on the garbage can!

Josh Kolbach · First 2 header attempts are free?

Josh Kolbach · Spc control arms are cheap

Josh Kolbach · #heatsoak in the motor.

Josh Kolbach · Look like spc adjustable arms

Josh Kolbach · Why would you tie down there?

Josh Kolbach · Coffee = covfefe

Josh Kolbach · That's good torque for that combo

Josh Kolbach · Which header is on the car now?

Josh Kolbach · Dohc, not sohc.

Josh Kolbach · Mid is a tti

Josh Kolbach · Spray it!

Josh Kolbach · Throwing money away = driving neons

Josh Kolbach · Grab some oven mits

Josh Kolbach · I know tti did mid and longs.

Josh Kolbach · Ebay = shortie header?

Josh Kolbach · Welcome to st lyfe

Josh Kolbach · That's cut, nvm

Dominic Becchelli · Sounds like fuel cut

Dominic Becchelli · Did that say 183

Dominic Becchelli · Tim said syke

Dominic Becchelli · I'm staying as long as possible

Dominic Becchelli · Welcome

Dominic Becchelli · Only if had the Mitsu head

Dominic Becchelli · Uh oh

Dominic Becchelli · He's cheating,

Dominic Becchelli · Is there an AutoZone close?

Dominic Becchelli · x Got some lope there

Dominic Becchelli · Way to pray to the car God's

Matthew Neuforth ·I demand spreadsheets

Matthew Neuforth · Paint that car

Mase Sauers · Lolololol it's all good!

Mase Sauers · 184 tq is awesome

Jeff Best · Are labeled results going to be posted

Marc Coleman · What it make

Tim Coakley · Marc Coleman best hp was 186

Mason Cristoferi · x 1400lbs of nut busting torque

Bradly Workman · Sweet

Mason Cristoferi · MuSt KnOw BeSt RaCeKoR hEaDeR

Mason Cristoferi · Wrap or ceramic coat inside and out

Mason Cristoferi · Mom mode

Mason Cristoferi · When we gonna be making the noise

Jamie Applegate · Tim work that out haha

Jamie Applegate · I’ll

Jamie Applegate · Send it my way let’s make it haha

Darrell Amann · This is great lol

Jamie Applegate · Put your purse down

Jamie Applegate · If it fits lol

Evan Edub Wilson · Like back in 10 haha

Evan Edub Wilson · Uh oh..

Evan Edub Wilson · Cinnamonious?

Tyler Rusnak · Tim's getting stiff over there? Eww

Trevar Curtis · When I came into the video you showed me a 175, 184

Trevar Curtis · Is there gonna be a picture later of the results?

Jamie Applegate · They haven’t yet lol

Jamie Applegate · It’s the all black one

Evan Edub Wilson · Tim goes both ways....

Jamie Applegate · Deals haha

Jamie Applegate · What dyno is that I need one haha

Marty Pelka · Sup guys

Tyler Rusnak · come on tim, big girl swings

Tyler Rusnak · unbolt the motor mounts lol

Tyler Rusnak · which one is going in right now?

Devin Souza · Jaime Applegate header

Tyler Rusnak · what did the try y make?

Brandon S Fleming · 186

Tyler Rusnak · I knew a 4 2 1 would do good

Tyler Rusnak · Cause they taste good with coffee

Ricky Phillips · Open header?

Ricky Phillips · I'm here for the mmmbaaahh

Daniel Leonard · Which one is currently on it

Tyler Rusnak · like 160

Brandon S Fleming · Thanks

Tyler Rusnak · all open

Tyler Rusnak · Jeez tim, finally

Tyler Rusnak · thats the blackdog isnt it?

Tyler Rusnak · gotchaa

Tyler Rusnak · Np guys :)

Trevar Curtis · I heard

Trevar Curtis · Wooohoooo

Trevar Curtis · You had just finished mine

Bradly Workman · What kinda header did you have?

Trevar Curtis · Bradly Workman I sent a tti mid tube and a modified obx 4-2-1 tri y

Bradly Workman · Which was the 175 ,184? Tri y?

Trevar Curtis · x Bradly Workman Yea the mid tube held its own very well and the tri y custom one was like 186hp and 177 tq

Bradly Workman · Who made did the customizations?

Trevar Curtis · Bradly Workman not sure. It came in the back of the car I bought last fall and was unused

Bradly Workman · Pmed you

Trevar Curtis · Mine should be 175, 184

Trevar Curtis · What was the last header?

Brandon Lowe · Oh Jaime your header for the n/a is in this bunch ? What one is i

Tim Brewer · looks like the tri y is a TTI with the primaries cut at the bends.

Trevar Curtis · It's a obx cut. It still has the tag on one tube lol

Brandon Lowe · Have y’all ran Jaime header on dyno yet? Sorry I came late lol

Tim Brewer · so we just need someone to start making black dog headers again lol

Brad Urban · Analytics

Chris Rallo · Itll run fine...

Chris Rallo · Full throttle the whole way

Chris Rallo · Run it both ways?

Chris Rallo · Tyler gonna lose! Lol

Craig Webb · He don’t last that long in bed when hittin it

Devin Souza · Best sounding so far.

Devin Souza · Mostly mine

Devin Souza · Please get on video this smacking

Devin Souza · He meant me

Devin Souza · Crystal needs coffees

Devin Souza · What was the hp on wrapped mid?

Devin Souza · Ooh that dropped a bit.

Devin Souza · Smart guy

Devin Souza · Never Utah

Devin Souza · would get you 2.5 Neons

Devin Souza · That's what she said

Devin Souza · Lol why not

Devin Souza · Either or.

Devin Souza · 183-184 was the wrapped mid.

Devin Souza · I thought there was a blackdog?

Devin Souza · Oh i thought I missed one. My bad.

Devin Souza · What happened? Missed last one.

Landon Jay Nelson · You can go "cruise" in your car once its all said and done lol

Devin Souza · 23-16 in ten seconds yikes
Busters.

Craig Webb · Write my name in the dirt that’s on the car

Craig Webb · Oh look he is bent over so vulnerable

Devin Souza · I'm offended by that

Craig Webb · Because no one wants you bent over

Devin Souza · Thank God

Brandon Lowe · Scratched the paint on header it’s no good now

Sharaz Amin · What kind of Dyno? Dynojet?

Chris Rallo · Dynocom

Sharaz Amin · The dino is it?

Marc Coleman · Nice numbers for that car

Marc Coleman · Turbo and send it

Marc Coleman · Ok ty I was woundring

Marc Coleman · Why so low numbers

Marc Coleman · Is that a rt

Marc Coleman · Sounds nice

Marc Coleman · Send it

Brandon Lowe · Finesse that thing!!

Brandon Lowe · Jaimes is this one

Craig Webb · I said I pro earlier

Craig Webb · The money shot

Craig Webb · What was that

Wuero Works · What motor is

Josh Kolbach · Motor is a sawft stock bottom end 2.4. Baby cams and a little portwork

Craig Webb · He looks good on his back

Craig Webb · Eye pro

Tim Brewer · thanks!

Josh Kolbach · I ruined a peanut back in the day because I wrapped it and dailied the car in winter

Josh Kolbach · Fix the damn rear control arm already! Its giving me jitters! Lol

Josh Kolbach · You need a fan in front of the car!

Josh Kolbach · Spray is soooooooooooo much fun on the street with these cars

Kelly Hollister · Tim's going to drive it home with the best header to feel it on the street....lol

Matthew Neuforth · 3rd run always sucks

Viljami Koskinen · Well I cant unsee that crack

Michael Myrick · How many headers have been tested so far and how many left to test?

Matthew Neuforth · What's the new engine setup? 13.5:1, ported head, rods and shiz?

Matthew Neuforth · Them mofos have jack stands?

Mase Sauers · Trevar!

Cody Asp · Watching while pooping.

Jamie Applegate · Scrap it

Jamie Applegate · Scrap it

Evan Edub Wilson · Nice crack...

Tyler Rusnak · Just dont strip your head, lol

Tyler Rusnak · lol, wtf

Ricky Phillips · Swiggity swooty. I'm coming for Tim's booty

Tyler Rusnak · LMAO

Tyler Rusnak · lmao

Matthew Neuforth · Jamie Applegate What's your guestimate on your header?

Jamie Applegate · No idea I hope it does well haha

Matthew Neuforth · Sounds mean lmao

Matthew Neuforth · Crumpets? lol

Devin Souza · Ooh that was horrible. The 2nd seemed pretty good but 1st and 3rd was weak. That's the peanut?

Devin Souza · Damn. I have the Mopar mid on my 2.4. Was hoping to see how that compared.

Devin Souza · You're throwing up softballs Crystal it's hard not to swing damnit

Devin Souza · Damn. That's too bad Jaime.

Devin Souza · Damn. Nice numbers. Less tq but excellent hp.

Devin Souza · Uh..... God damnit. Too many softballs. How can I not swing

Devin Souza · Coffee cakes taste like peanut crack. No pun intended Tim

Devin Souza · Lol. Now I'm confused. Damnit.

Devin Souza · Well peanut. I thought that was the OG of long tubes.

Devin Souza · Damn. So Crower S2 over the Crane 18s then Tim?

Devin Souza · Holy peanut that's impressive torque 183

Devin Souza · That heatsoak though damn.

Chris Agnew · Taking them off to switch will be fun lmao

Brandon Lowe · Jaime who’s your fall guy if it’s peanut? Would it be Tim’s fault? Lol

Brandon Lowe · Took words out my mouth lmao

Devin Souza · Lolololol. I work with a bunch of foreign folks and white rednecks. That peanut is funny watching them try to pronounce their names I get called Salsa alot

Tim Brewer · I think that AFX is cracked on the #4 flange just like mine is.

Brandon S Fleming · Rpms

Josh Kolbach · #operatorerroroncamera

Josh Kolbach · #dynomule

Josh Kolbach · #savethethermal

Josh Kolbach · #safetysquints

Josh Kolbach · #greatergood

Josh Kolbach · #autocrossallthethings

Josh Kolbach · #popsandburbletune

Devin Souza · Rockauto, great prices rape on shipping

Matthew Neuforth · Devin Souza [email protected]

Devin Souza · Matthew Neuforth I'll throw in a few in a bit. Watching this first.

Missing several hundred comments posted after this one

Russ Miller · Thanks for putting on the show!

Tim Coakley · Russ Miller no problem was my pleasure. I truly enjoyed doing it.
My True Story:

PurpleNeon
Site Supporter

Post by PurpleNeon » Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:30 pm

Silence may be golden...
But duct tape is silver.
' ̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿

PA ACR
Achievements Unlocked

Post by PA ACR » Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:18 am

Another post on FB....

Tim Coakley is with Darian Lawson and 8 others.

Visual Storyteller · February 22 at 5:21 PM

Tim Coakley Wanna say thanks to everyone who watched all the testing and for the contributions to it. Truly appreciate you guys a lot.

Kelly Hollister Cant wait to see a spread sheet

Cody Asp And we appreciate the fact that you were willing to do this. I'll contribute to you when I see you next month!

Will Bohlander We the neon community, love you and Crystal.
Sincerely the least neon-y guy here

Michael Crawford Im really grateful for y'all. I hate i had to work and missed the livestream.
When/where will the results be posted?

Tim Coakley Michael Crawford you can re watch the video. Or you can wait a few days for me to put the data together

Mase Sauers Appreciate your dedication!

Benny Smith Pretty awesome that you were able to do it! Thank you.

Bradly Workman Thanks for doing it man. I just sent a header with Darian. Thanks to him for taking it to you

Dominic Becchelli Ouch no tag

Harley Thornburg Thanks for taking the time and money to do it, once I get some money coming in imma pass some your way to help out. I watched for Abit but been working on this turbo PT all day lol

Jamie Harrison Sorry only watched a few minutes. Worked on my ‘98 today, new Kenwood stereo and 4 JBL speakers. Now I want an amp lol

Eric Yohman Jamie Harrison the obsession will continue

Eric Yohman Jamie Harrison mids & highs. Go class AB

Jamie Harrison Eric Yohman I’ve got an old JL sub in a bandpass box, that would be fun

Eric Yohman I just put this my daily with an Alpine amp

No photo description available.

Jason Hepditch Where was it posted ??

Crystal Coakley Jason Hepditch here, in this group.

Crystal Coakley Jason Hepditch I just tagged you in it

Scott Williams So... wrapping my header is also a good idea?... from heat soaking?

Josh Kolbach Wrapping or coating. Keeps heat in for better scavenging and allows lower engine bay temps. Win win

Scott Williams Josh Kolbach plan on wrapping my shorty for a sohc

Scott Williams What kinda of coating?

Brett Connelly Scott Williams ceramic

Scott Williams Brett Connelly thank you

Josh Kolbach If you can fit it, go mid length. Also basically any thermal coating. I know Swain-tec is popular, as well as jet-hot. Theres a few ceramic variants that work really well. Basically anything that the muscle car guys rave about.
I'm lucky that theres a somewhat local company that does it. Quoted me $75 to do my long tube a few years back. I'll be going there with my next purchase from the suggestions tim found here.

Scott Williams Any info on this?

Tim Coakley Scott Williams if the header is prepared properly and it’s applied and baked right it should do ok. Ultimately tho I’d spend the money with a shop

Scott Williams Tim Coakley thanks

Schueller Shayne If I had a little extra $$$ I'd be all about tossing some your way, also would have loved to have watched the vid, that class killed my opportunity.

Tim Coakley Schueller Shayne you can always waste 4 hours of your life and watch it later

Eric Yohman Tim Coakley I am just here for the results

Chris Rallo Eta on results?
PayPal Email for contributions to the effort?

Tim Coakley Chris Rallo [email protected]

Will Bohlander Tim Coakley cash app?

Tim Coakley Will Bohlander just PayPal and fb pay

Chris Rallo Amazing work putting it all together and making it happen!

Tim Coakley Chris Rallo thanks. I plan to work on the data side tonight
My True Story:

PA ACR
Achievements Unlocked

Post by PA ACR » Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:57 am

This may be the same as my first post.... :dunno:

Tom St Clair

Tim Coakley · 0:00 Russ Miller no problem was my pleasure. I truly enjoyed doing it.

Tom St Clair · I'm trying to get all 492 comments to display so I can copy and post them on the .org Not having much luck....can only view around 300 of them

Tim Coakley · Rob Hubbard

Josh Kolbach · Is tim looking at any correction factors for the headers and comparing them? Either in the dyno or the tune?

Tim Coakley · Josh Kolbach no correction factor.

Tim Coakley · no tune changes ever.

Josh Kolbach · I knew you weren't changing the tune, but I didnt know if the computer was still adjusting at wot or not. Also, I know the

Josh Kolbach · Maybe we can comment the best runs and label what header it is. Easy to document at that point.

Chris Rallo · i wish that'd been done

Tim Coakley · I have all the runs from the day and I have the best from each one.

Josh Kolbach · I'm geeking out at the numbers on this. Area under the curve is fascinating to see the differences between them.

Tim Coakley · Josh Kolbach dude it’s crazy. Everyone gets caught up on peak. But there was some shockers.

Josh Kolbach · In my applications, area under the curve is almost more important than peaks. Although, where peak is plays into that too. So headers moving the peaks up and down should matter to people too.

Tim Coakley · im hoping tomorrow I can put it all together and give my official opinion on the subject.

Matthew Neuforth · AS a heads up you might break that O2 from going super hot to outside air. Those things are brittle.

Devin Souza · True. But we should all chip in a few bucks to help him out.

Tim Coakley · Matthew Neuforth you’re the peanut that caused it to fail

Matthew Neuforth · I would never do 4 WOT pulls and throw it in 50F air. Lol. Shocked it to death.

Tim Coakley · Matthew Neuforth eh it’s getting replaced. Tossed it out and ran without. Car still ran great even driving it home lol. Ole tuned by tim tune was working well

Vitor Monica O'l · Too Long didn't Watch.. TLDW: results :) ?

Tim Coakley · Vitor Monica O'l thanks for the contribution too

Tyler Rusnak · I'm glad I had Tom Massel's Modified K frame/ front mount delete because I had to rock the motor to fit the blackdog

Robert Kenley · Crystal supposed to be making shirts... instead she’s recording dyno pulls while having a seizure

Darian Lawson · Made an announcement for a week or so. Neat stuff Tim Coakley Crystal Coakley and everyone else who had a hand in this. 25 years later and we are still experimenting and learning. Neon on!

Tim Coakley · Darian Lawson yup I think this was the largest header data ever put in one place. I wish I had a more radical setup to test on. But I felt it represents a majority of the 2.4 swaps

Darian Lawson · Good stuff. And I know what you mean but this does clear up the bickering when I comes to 99% of builds. We need to write it up and put up an exhaust shootout post on the .org

Tim Coakley · There’s a video on YouTube of the shootout. I still have to get the headers back home and measurements put together

Darian Lawson · Right on. We will get something together once you are settled down and this has died down a bit lol

Tyler Rusnak · Best thing for your single cam is a swap

Josh Kolbach · x I'm surprised tim doesnt have wingnuts on the exhaust studs for this test.

Matthew Neuforth · That's genius.

Devin Souza · Matthew Neuforth that's actually a good idea.

Matthew Neuforth · Well I have to head out, Tim better send me a nice graph with these results!

Zak Bireley · I was happy to join in at the right time a few mins ago. the ebay one is what I have but not installed yet

Tim Coakley · Zak Bireley it’s a good header.

Josh Kolbach · Where is this dyno shop that this occurring and will tim offer tuning services for neons that show up there?

Tim Coakley · Josh Kolbach I will. You bring it here or if I’m in the area I’d tune for you.

Tyler Rusnak · So you guys doing 1 and done on each? or is that just because you already have dyno runs of the fast fabs?

Bradly Workman · Did she reply to this? I didn’t hear if she did. Got distracted

Bradly Workman · No I was replying to Tyler’s question about 1 and done or a few runs per?

Tim Coakley · 3 for each

Mason Cristoferi · I’m late to the party did you start with shorty,then mid length end with the long tube

Tim Coakley · Mason Cristoferi yes

Matthew Neuforth · Now do it with no headers, straight fireballs out of the head. No balls. No valves.

Viljami Koskinen · Has the body damage been repaired yet or is it in the future to do stuff?

Tyler Rusnak · That jack's wheel compared to the pit

Matthew Neuforth · Sketch

Kelly Hollister · I hope to see a nice chart with all the numbers for each header, and maybe a pic of each header so people that dont know what each one looks like, have something to compare to.

Michael Myrick · Stupid voice text.... Lol
I was trying to say I will be working in Columbus Ohio all this coming up week..

Tim Coakley · Michael Myrick me too all week

Josh Kolbach · The winning long tube should be copied, if not the top 2.

Jamie Applegate · We plan to

Devin Souza · Plus the mid for people that need a mid over long

Tim Coakley · Devin Souza ebay is the best bang for the buck hands down. Tti mid is a great performer but not cheap. Past that long tube is where it’s at

Hugo Limas Aguilar · Magnum intake on a 98 sohc for a daily works fine?

Tim Coakley · Hugo Limas Aguilar yes with some effort. Refer to the forum for how to

Hugo Limas Aguilar · Tim Coakley thanks

Matthew Large · Yeaaaaaa we gonna break that 200 mark for sure. Can't wait!!!

Russ Miller · good port work, that BDMS, tune... not too hard.

Matthew Large · Russ Miller yea i know. We made good numbers with sohc junk now going dohc in the racecar.

Josh Kolbach · Having crystal doing live commentary is priceless.

Josh Kolbach · Thanks again for being the Guinea pigs and testing all of these. The community owes you guys

Matthew Neuforth · You guys should try one of those exhaust systems on it that have the exhaust driven turbine that spins a shaft with a compressor wheel on it. I heard those make good power.

Dominic Becchelli · I was actually wondering if you were gonna try the pacesetter header

Josh Kolbach · Made close to the top for power, but made the most torque

Matthew Neuforth · When you walk outside put your hand in front of the camera and remove it, see if that fixes it

Josh Kolbach Itd be interesting to do this with a 2.0 that revs more vs your 2.4. See where the differences are and what the gains/losses are.

Chris Rallo · Shape would about the same, just moved up the rev range

Josh Kolbach · It's like the nature valley granola bar of breakfast snacks

Devin Souza · Gross. Nature's bakery is the best.

Josh Kolbach · Nature valley granola bars are wonderful, but the mess goes everywhere. Regardless of how you try to eat it.

Devin Souza · Noo

Matthew Neuforth · Next time tie it to the muiffler, it's not like you're using that anyway.

Matthew Neuforth · Lol. Can't be worse than the Pacesetter which was shooting flames into the firewall

Matthew Neuforth · Ask Timmy boi if he's worried about burning the exhaust valves up lol

Matthew Neuforth · Ask Tim which head looks like it flows more, Andrew's or the one on your Neon?

Russ Miller · THAT'S THE ONE! :D

Josh Kolbach · How loud was the ride over?

Tim Coakley · deafening

Bradly Workman · Crystal is gonna be cool after this is over and post time stamps for each run right?

Devin Souza · More snack cake videos get more money
Jk. That was fast. Just sent it. Gotta butter Tim up so he can give me more good deals on stuff.

Devin Souza · I mean it wasn't Twinkies or anything

Devin Souza ·That really makes me curious about my Mopar mid length now. And just drive it. I think I'm gonna just buy a wrapped long tube pending these results and

Tyler Rusnak · Thanks for the efforts!

Russ Miller · Love it!

Craig Webb · Lol I just talking trash hahahaha I actually talked to Tim on which ones I should get for my car. I got one that’s cracked and holding water lol

Tyler Rusnak · Well, I'm happy

Devin Souza · Tim's a lucky man. That's all I can say. Did Tim ever find a good clutch cable Crystal? I forgot to ask him.

Devin Souza · Lol low numbers. Duh. That's bad peanut and proves wrapping works. A mid doing better than a long tube is crazy.

Matthew Neuforth · I can only imagine what my last name was before my relatives immigrated lol

Devin Souza · Sorry. Watching with my 5 month old baby boy. He seems to enjoy it. (He's been infected by the Neon/Mopar 4 bug, his mom would call it a disease) He's smiling and bouncing around.

Devin Souza · The u is silent like Sammy Sosa but with a Z. Technically should be DeSouza but us immigration rules and chopping last names and peanut

Devin Souza · Sounds like Aaron Borgerding. Dude is legit Neon badass in Utah. He's the Utah Tim Coakley lol. Call him 5 Neons

Mason Cristoferi · Plus side for Jamie it’s not complete. Hack the collector make it a tri-y

Paul Littlefield II · Sup with that control arm bolt

Kelly Hollister · Paul Littlefield II they dropped the back of the K member to help get the header in

Paul Littlefield II · Kelly Hollister. O i see

Josh Kolbach · Anyone keeping a running log at home of best runs for each? I'm too lazy to scroll back.

Chris Rallo · Bueller?

Josh Kolbach · They'll work on a 2.0 as well, just slightly less of a difference in gains/losses

Josh Kolbach · Y'all keepin me entertained at work on a lazy Saturday

Josh Kolbach · Tie to the frame holes. Not suspension.

Josh Kolbach · Stage 2s aren't huge in the grand scheme of things

Matthew Neuforth · You guys should get a PT Cruiser, tons of room back there. Oh wait.

Tyler Rusnak · I'm hoping the Blackdog, only because I dont want to sell mine to get a try y made lol

Tyler Rusnak · Idk how you guys are doing half of these without taking off the shifter cables

Trevar Curtis · I don't plan on selling it, but would for sure be willing to let Jamie copy it or whatever

Jamie Applegate · You the man haha

Matthew Neuforth · I'll stay until I get sick from eating this whole box of thin mints

Josh Kolbach · FedEx work pants ftw

Trevar Curtis · Idk what the last one of mine was but the best numbers you showed me were 175 184

Josh Kolbach · Tie to the lower part of the spindle and cross the straps back there

Justin Gysin · Shame this didn't happen sooner I'd have loaned y'all my blackdog before I sold it

Matthew Neuforth · The Tim Coakly/Applegate one has a harsh bend in it, doesn't it?

Josh Kolbach · Crystal walks into a shop, still wearing grey will boots....

Josh Kolbach · What trans/ clutch setup is in the car? Lightweight flywheel?

Matthew Neuforth · If it hits 200whp on any of these, that'd be impressive.

Dominic Becchelli · Oh ok whoops lol. I don't know the looks of them

Dominic Becchelli · Anyone that's had Tim's help work on their car has seen it

Dominic Becchelli · Hope they want to be open for 10 hours lol

Kelly Hollister · Tell my kid they do make safety glasses

Dominic Becchelli · Will you be able to download it off Facebook?

Dominic Becchelli · Heat resistant gloves might be too thick to handle tools

Russ Miller · I ran it for a bit. Cali smog tho.

Ryan Giesbrecht · Russ Miller i had to take my blackdog off for smog. Lol. Where you at?

Russ Miller · Sacramento. Got sick of swapping everything in/on the car every 2 years.

Ryan Giesbrecht · Russ Miller my last 3 r/ts have come from sac.

Russ Miller · My R/T went to Texas, Purple went to Northern Nevada, to my stepson. Who's having great fun with it still, at over 300k miles.

Josh Kolbach · Plus, wrapping breaks down if daily driver. Coating lasts

Josh Kolbach · Did you grab a spare o2 sensor on the way in just incase?

Chris Rallo · O2 doesn't matter for full throttle though does it?

Tim Coakley · Chris Rallo no it doesn’t. Power stayed directly in line with what it was making before with a function o2. Part throttle tho was definitely leaner. Thermal camera showed a much warmer exhaust manifold

Josh Kolbach · What are you running the rpm sweeps to? Is it fuel cut?

Tyler Rusnak · take off the front motor mount and rock it, its gonna be the only way

Matthew Neuforth · Couldn't hurt to keep the engine bay temps down

Matthew Neuforth · I think he was asking what the run is starting at

Matthew Neuforth · Ask Honda guy what the tow truck put down

Devin Souza · All the torques

Dominic Becchelli · Just gotta build a custom turbofold

Matthew Neuforth · Here, take this an hit it. Fixes most problems.

Scott Williams · Looks like adjustable rear control arms

Matthew Neuforth · It'll be fun driving home without it though lol

Matthew Neuforth · He already made money off me a few times. :P

Chris Hagan · Biggest thing that ever went in your mouth

Matthew Neuforth · This is what the end of Terminator looks like

Matthew Neuforth · Did you guys not dyno the exhaust you drove there with?

Josh Kolbach · Copy the header and it'll sell. Offer it coated

Josh Kolbach · I think the tti mid was the shocker of the test so far

Josh Kolbach · Dem st boiz be all about the pops and burbs

Matthew Neuforth · Send me those valves when you're done

Dominic Becchelli · Well I'm glad I know not to call him Mase

Matthew Neuforth · Devin Souza I think needs to AA for how many Neons he's had

Devin Souza · You shut your dirty whore mouth. You've had more than me. You would be president, I'd only be like club secretary or something

Russ Miller · It's never been on a 2nd gen...

Dominic Becchelli · Way to pray to the car God's

Dominic Becchelli · None of these, these are for the 2.4

Dominic Becchelli · See yea later head gasket

Kelly Hollister · Really last one is my header

Kelly Hollister · O2 plug

Kelly Hollister · Thumbs up for glasses

Kelly Hollister · Trevor I want the tri Y.....lol

Mason Cristoferi · A box just randomly showed up at the house

Michael Myrick · I will be working on Columbus all well.

Michael Myrick · Need my modified Pacesetter to try......lol

Jake Miller · Hammer time

Jake Miller · That didnt go as planned

Jake Miller · Open header

Tyler Rusnak · This is the one ive been waiting for, lol

Matthew Neuforth · Hit it with this

Matthew Neuforth · Or labeled the runs on the dyno lol

Matthew Neuforth · I'd guess 150HP

Matthew Neuforth · So the eBay wrecked the Pacesetter

Matthew Neuforth · Aaand wut

Matthew Neuforth · I already gave him $500

Viljami Koskinen · Oh I didnt see the first

Viljami Koskinen · Kirk made most this far?

Matthew Neuforth · Ryan own that place?

Matthew Neuforth · Not yet lol, need to go to a car show

Matthew Neuforth · Hey the camera is fixed

Matthew Neuforth · I'm back

Viljami Koskinen · Yeah I meant Tim

Viljami Koskinen · Spray and pray brother

Viljami Koskinen · Its a PT Looser

Viljami Koskinen · Oh ok

Matthew Neuforth · What's the coolant temp?

Mason Cristoferi · Crystal pretzel pop tart is delicious

Mason Cristoferi · I need one for how much my neon is apart

Matthew Neuforth · Nothing else to tie to back there

Scott Williams · AAA ftw

Daniel Leonard · I wish it wasn’t so loud at work so I could hear

Alex Louise · Coffee cake is good lol

Alex Louise · Hello!

Matthew Neuforth · You can add VTEC to it with NOS.

Matthew Neuforth · NA stock 2.4 with head work?

Michael Myrick · Hell yeah. Thin mints at good!!! Lol

Michael Myrick · Yep results...lol

David Huffman · LoL it’s fun.

Matthew Neuforth · Shouldn't

Tyler Rusnak · Sarcasm doesn't come thru on here apperently

Tyler Rusnak · My bet is 20$ ebay shorty making the most

Matthew Neuforth · Super short

Matthew Neuforth · What's the rev limit on it?

Matthew Neuforth · Ahh that's not bad

Mark Lawson · History maker

Trevar Curtis · What was the last header?

Trevar Curtis · I never ran that head tho

Justin Gysin · Couldn't come up with a Blackdog

Justin Gysin · What's left

Dominic Becchelli · Lies

Jamie Applegate · I told him it might not fit lol

Devin Souza · You get told that often

Matthew Neuforth · Yeah

Matthew Neuforth · Rice

Tyler Rusnak · nice

Tyler Rusnak · yeet

Trevar Curtis · Nice

Trevar Curtis · Yea

Matthew Neuforth · x Hugo Limas Aguilar my dude, better of checking faq.neons.org

Matthew Neuforth ·Jamie Applegate Did they run yours yet?

Jamie Applegate ·x Matthew Neuforth don’t think so

Ryan Giesbrecht · Awesome tim and crystal

Russ Miller ·xWhere's the new feed?

Crystal Coakley · 0:00 Russ Miller I didn’t make one.

Tyler Rusnak · Dont throw a rod...

Ryan Giesbrecht · I want to see how the blackdog runs. I have one sitting in the garage.

Dominic Becchelli · Fuel cut sounds 6800

Hari Reyes · Nice job!

Josh Kolbach · Head needs some vtec

Devin Souza · Tim's or your paypal? I have his somewhere from when he sent me the clutch stuff for my R/T

Devin Souza · If I'm ever out there, beer on me Tim. This is hella cool of you to do.

Devin Souza · Mid wrapped made most torque but what was curve like compared to this?

Devin Souza · I didn't hear what Timmy said? He didn't or he did? And you're all good no worries.

Devin Souza · No worries. Car isn't going anywhere until then. Rockauto has a pioneer cable for 50. Or the Mopar for 150

Chris Rallo · My 7k mile ACR racecar is black and one of my sedans was too. Black ftw

Chris Rallo · My DOHC ACR sounded like Vtec with an iceman. Now my No 90 doesn't sound as good or loud... :(

Ryan Giesbrecht · Blackdog ftw. Hail to the king

Devin Souza · Nice. That's what I wanted to see

Devin Souza · Crystal? Is the one mid length the Mopar one or is it an eBay piece?

Chris Grafsky · Start from current and work your way back? Or is that what you were doing

Devin Souza · Pulled it too hard
Careful. You might want kids later lol

Chris Rallo · Could bet on these headers like a sports ball playoffs

Brad Waugh · Hey that guy sold me some hood hinges
Thanks boss

Ryan Giesbrecht · Well the engine masters show proved that some hammer work on the header doesnt hurt it. Lol

Chris Grafsky · They're called coffee cakes because you have them with coffee, breakfast cake would sound weird

Chris Rallo · Better on torque, not power i believe.
What cam?

Chris Rallo · Did you guys check and even out front pressures?

Devin Souza · on the pretzel pop tarts. Smores or nothing

Devin Souza · So wrapping it would be a minimal thing on the tti?

Devin Souza · You've done 3 pulls on each but the first.

Craig Webb · No I bought something from Tim a while back just having fun is all

Jeff Turple · Haha was gonna say whats the cruise thing

Devin Souza · So far what's been best and what's been worst?

Chris Agnew · Good luck look forward to see the results

Chris Agnew · Touch the screen after you go outside should re adjust

Chris Agnew · Are they all open header or is there a full rear

Devin Souza · It's a little stiff

Tim Brewer · are you going list things like primary size, length, collector types with the results?

Hugo Limas Aguilar · What's the above the sea level there?

Tim Brewer · thanks!

Landon Jay Nelson · It goes psh psh pop pop!

Ryan Giesbrecht · Would this have fit better on a 1st gen?

Jamie Applegate · No idea was built without a car

Chris Grafsky · Unbolt it and throw poly bushings in there

Tim Brewer · Did I hear them say it was a modified AFX?

Craig Webb · Hit with your purse

Tim Brewer · Started life as an OBX

Ray Fleming · I have Neon problems

Ray Fleming · Probably around 7600

Ryan Giesbrecht · 20 years old!

Ryan Giesbrecht A tri-y unknown brand

Chuck Wampler · Don't u just love no room hahaha

Mike Phillipson · I need a header selling any lol

Chris Grafsky · Popcorn

Chris Grafsky · Tie around sway bar?

Tim Brewer · 1 5/8" primaries?

Trevar Curtis · That I'm not sure, I didn't ever measure it. It came with a car I bought last fall

Tim Brewer · hammer to fit, paint to match

Tim Brewer · Is that the 4-2-1?

Brandon S Fleming · What did the ebay shorty make?

Tim Brewer · AFX boat anchor FTW!

Tim Brewer · My wife :)

Hugo Limas Aguilar · What is the best result till now?

Devin Souza · Tri y

Craig Webb · They look better than you

Devin Souza · Lmao

Devin Souza · Spoiler alert
Jaime wins at the end

Joci Gál · Regular manual 2.0?

Chris Rallo · Lololol

Devin Souza · Yes

Devin Souza · Yes

Brandon Lowe · It*

Devin Souza · So she's a Neon snowbunny

Dominic Becchelli · You don't say that Matthew Neuforth

Matthew Neuforth · Jamie Applegate Take your bets now

Jamie Applegate · 180

Matthew Neuforth · Hammer will fix it

Matthew Neuforth · Kevin Yost What's up

Kevin Yost · Matthew Neuforth checking on the shenanigans

Matthew Neuforth · Chris Grafsky Bro pancakes

Jamie Applegate · Matthew Neuforth okay 127 now lol

Chris Grafsky · If only someone mentioned to start at the current and work your way back

Lorenzo DeCaria · I say don't post any results until a minimum of $1,000 is raised Tim Coakley

Tim Brewer · Place your bets... Hacked up OBX tri y or BDMS?

Josh Kolbach · Facebook live will save and post to facebook. You can save it off there at home and chop it up for YouTube later

Ryan Giesbrecht · They beat the hell out of a set

Marc Coleman · Nitrous and send it

Matthew Neuforth · I have a dingus with a bolt on 3v wanting to race my PT Cruiser.

Matthew Neuforth · 1:15:06 Tim has balls to be using a death wheel with just safety glasses. I've had those explode and hit my face shield and put a hole in the ceiling

Tim Coakley replied

Chris Rallo · Dead at 121?! What did you do?!

Juan Rios Jr. · Your a savage lol

Edwin Lua · Can't wait for speed sheet or graph.

Tim Coakley · Edwin Lua this week I hope to have it all done

Eric Yohman · Tim Coakley I just want to know the winner & maybe 2nd place

Josh Kolbach · Yay! peanut!

Josh Kolbach · Needs a fan in front

Josh Kolbach · Be interesting if the same company did all 3 lengths. See the differences between the same company doing their takes.

Matthew Neuforth · Devin Souza [email protected]

Devin Souza · Matthew Neuforth I'll throw in a few in a bit. Watching this first.

Jesse Rayford · Damn tim got a sex change lol

Josh Kolbach · Screw it, go full spherical ends

Josh Kolbach · Covfefe was a trump joke

Devin Souza · Wtf only 87 pound feet

Craig Webb · Message me when he starts the Dyno run or tag me what so I can join back

JR Oliva · Y’all running em just open header

Brandon Lowe · #teamjaime

Ryan Giesbrecht · Sounds good for open pipe

Devin Souza · Tim's a dirty boy

Ryan Giesbrecht · Lol

Tyler Rusnak · you don't want n air conditioned floor?

Devin Souza · You're gonna make that little b16 peanut itself with all those TORQUES

Bradly Workman · Jay Workman

Craig Webb · Write my name in the dirt on the car

Crystal Coakley · Chris Long

Crystal Coakley · Jason Hepditch

Devin Souza · Aaron Borgerding

Mathieu Prevost · Francis Labelle

Matthew Neuforth · I have a slave in the basement making me ported heads but I don't have any +! valves.
My True Story:

NickKo
Global Moderator

Post by NickKo » Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:13 pm

Awesome Thread !! :cool:

Thank you, Tim, for coming up with this idea (and to Everyone who helped out.)
It's great to see folks coming together, to take the time to 'test and tune'.

- Nick
-1998 2-dr SOHC MTX= 52mm TB; Maddog STS
-1999 4-dr DOHC ATX= went to car heaven (junkyard)
-2000 Ply.LX with MTX = Maddog STS; CAI; R/T muffler + Header
-2001 Ddg.ES ATX = UDP, Magnum Header; + Syked PCM 'pending'

-1971 Ply.Scamp SL6cyl. ('Horse Traded' away)
-1968 Chry.300 w/440 V8 (sold)
"MoPar or No Car"

mike_leahcim
Neon Enthusiast

Post by mike_leahcim » Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:03 pm

Thanks for posting this on here. Great information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1996 Dodge Neon MTX - 2.0 DOHC/SRT-4 Turbo Swap - 36# injectors - 60mm MPx TB - Mopar Short Throw Shifter - Depo Lights - SRT4 Intercooler - Booger Bushings - OBX UDP- 'Race' Motor Mount Inserts - Running 5psi of boost with a Begi FMU

2005 Dodge Neon Srt-4
2015 Dodge Dart Rallye 2.4 Stock

My Project Log - http://forums.neons.org/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=392625

Return to “Engine Performance”